Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundance!

crunchysue Guest

Default Re: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundan

I'm always happiest, in the end, when I go for quality over quantity; every time I do the opposite I regret it. So I'd say (to both of us) get the leather you really want, even if it means getting less pieces. And now I'm curious to know what that bench costs, and what the regular boot stools cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    Ok, I agree with the consensus, no Achieve! I LOVE the Treasanton, I got a quote for it in the Town and Country Cameo Tan Burn a while back...it was still a little more than I wanted to spend for a small ottoman. So I figure it will just cost more if I get it in a grade 3 or 4 sure would be adorable in Tiburon Butternut, though...but if I got that I probably couldn't afford to get the accent chair...but it's my last chance for the TB...ughhhh
    I've always loved that little Abby chair with its cute pocket! I did struggle with having too many leather types in the room...the sectional is burnished, so that's why I'm thinking a nice pull up on the ottoman and Author would be a good contrast in leather type, but the colors would work well together. If I can swing getting an accent chair, I'd like it to have a little pop of contrast color because everything else is very brown.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundan

Quote Originally Posted by crunchysue View Post
    I'm always happiest, in the end, when I go for quality over quantity; every time I do the opposite I regret it. So I'd say (to both of us) get the leather you really want, even if it means getting less pieces. And now I'm curious to know what that bench costs, and what the regular boot stools cost.
    Sue, I sent you a private message with the prices (not sure if I should post them)

Daisymarie18 Guest

What if I added either Hand Antiqued Saddle ( sectional color) or Nile Croc Burnished (which has the same color tones as the sofa) or Auburn Alligator to the arm fronts of the Author? Would that look crazy or would it tie it back to the sectional? Any opinions on where to put my beloved Buffalo Burnished Nails?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	4444  

crunchysue Guest

I like the arm front idea. I'd go with Auburn Alligator or, even better, a hair-on hide. I love petting those

Oh, and how about doing the nickels on the big ottoman, replacing the topmost row of little nails? Maybe with a gimp underneath them, too.

anaye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    I wonder if the Author chair is big enough to "stand alone"...or does it really need the ottoman to be comfy?
    My wife is 5'0" and she loved the Author chair without the ottoman, she just crossed her legs or curled them under and it swallowed her up.
    For me, I'm 6'2" and to sit in the Author chair (with feet on the floor) without the ottoman I needed a very large pillow behind my back to be comfortable because it is so deep seated.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crunchysue View Post
    I like the arm front idea. I'd go with Auburn Alligator or, even better, a hair-on hide. I love petting those

Oh, and how about doing the nickels on the big ottoman, replacing the topmost row of little nails? Maybe with a gimp underneath them, too.

Hair on Hide is fun, isn't it?! Might be a bit much with my cowhide rug though? I agree, the BBN would be good on the Ottoman. I'll have to find out if I can add a gimp to it since its a T&C item I wonder how much a grade 5 leather on those arm fronts would raise the price of the Author...I guess if I'm not getting the second small ottoman Ill have a little room to play. And I should probably get pillows too

crunchysue Guest

You have a cow hide rug? With hair on it? Does it feel weird if you walk on it barefoot in the "wrong" direction?

Daisymarie18 Guest

[QUOTE=crunchysue;18065]You have a cow hide rug? With hair on it? Does it feel weird if you walk on it barefoot in the "wrong" direction?[/

It's a short hair hide, so it lays flat and doesn't feel weird the hairs are really soft...It's a gray/tan/white brindle. It's funky and I love it!

artielange Guest

I have a full cow hide rug on the floor of the lake house kitchen. It does not feel weird at all. It wears well, looks cool, and is easy to care for, just requiring a few shakes over the porch railing to clean. I get a ton of compliments on it. Ikea is a well priced source for them.

Ci2Eye Guest

DaisyMarie,

I have a similar situation; I wanted the Author chair and had the space for it but because of room traffic issues, felt the Author ottoman would be a bit too big. My solution was to order the Author chair and the Wallace ottoman. The Wallace ottoman is designed to match the Wallace chair which is exactly the same as the Author design-wise; only it is a smaller scale. I figured if H&M felt that style ottoman matched the Wallace chair then surely it would also match the Author. The only problem is that Wallace and Author use a different leg design with the Author having a lower profile bun foot. My solution to that was to have the higher profile Wallace leg fitted to the Author chair.

I don't know how it will turn out and Duane was not overly enthusiastic about changing the leg on the Author because it will raise the seat height and could adversely affect the comfort but in the end I decided to take the chance because the Author sits a bit low anyway.

I don't know if that would also work for you but it was my solution to the same problem and hopefully in a few weeks I'll know whether it was a good idea or not.