Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundance!

crunchysue Guest

Default Re: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundan

How very interesting about the cowhide rugs! I think one would look cool in my kitchen now that you mention it.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Last minute decisions!! Need opinions on chairs and ottomans to go with my Sundan

Quote Originally Posted by Ci2Eye View Post
    DaisyMarie,

I have a similar situation; I wanted the Author chair and had the space for it but because of room traffic issues, felt the Author ottoman would be a bit too big. My solution was to order the Author chair and the Wallace ottoman. The Wallace ottoman is designed to match the Wallace chair which is exactly the same as the Author design-wise; only it is a smaller scale. I figured if H&M felt that style ottoman matched the Wallace chair then surely it would also match the Author. The only problem is that Wallace and Author use a different leg design with the Author having a lower profile bun foot. My solution to that was to have the higher profile Wallace leg fitted to the Author chair.

I don't know how it will turn out and Duane was not overly enthusiastic about changing the leg on the Author because it will raise the seat height and could adversely affect the comfort but in the end I decided to take the chance because the Author sits a bit low anyway.

I don't know if that would also work for you but it was my solution to the same problem and hopefully in a few weeks I'll know whether it was a good idea or not.

Please post pictures when it comes in! I'll be anxious to see what that looks like!

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crunchysue View Post
    How very interesting about the cowhide rugs! I think one would look cool in my kitchen now that you mention it.
    I got mine at http://www.sunlandhomedecor.com/...I've seen them at ikea, also. They are so easy to care or...I just sweep it with a broom!

crunchysue Guest

Thanks, that is a fantastic site! I'm pretty sure I need a couple hairy pillows for my Lynne!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    I got mine at http://www.sunlandhomedecor.com/...I've seen them at ikea, also. They are so easy to care or...I just sweep it with a broom!

Scuba Guest

I had the same dilemna with the size of the Austin ottoman. I was looking for something a little smaller to pair with the Austin High Tiltback chair. I know the Austin ottoman is the best match and may provide the most comfort but I felt the size was too big for my space. After looking at bootstools and footstools, decided to get the Tresanton which would mostly be used as a fireplace sit. I hope its not too high for the Austin chair. Its height is listed at 17.5" but I think the middle of he bench is lower and may be only 16" high...same height as the ottoman. priced at $865 in Gr3 in weston cane burnished. I think its going to look great.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
    I had the same dilemna with the size of the Austin ottoman. I was looking for something a little smaller to pair with the Austin High Tiltback chair. I know the Austin ottoman is the best match and may provide the most comfort but I felt the size was too big for my space. After looking at bootstools and footstools, decided to get the Tresanton which would mostly be used as a fireplace sit. I hope its not too high for the Austin chair. Its height is listed at 17.5" but I think the middle of he bench is lower and may be only 16" high...same height as the ottoman. priced at $865 in Gr3 in weston cane burnished. I think its going to look great.
    Nice! The Treasanton is beautiful...I actually like how it sinks a little lower in the middle, I think it would make a very comfortable foot rest.

BevoGal Guest

I don't have anything to add really, except that I can't imagine how much fun I'll have trying to find an ottoman for my Sundance (loveseat/sofa combo in Weston Sand)! DaisyMarie, I like seeing the photo of yours, and the cowhide rug as well. Delivery is getting very close...should get a call any day. I have to space these things out, for the husband's sake, so I hope everyone will have good advice when I come around again =) Many great tips out here.

Daisymarie18 Guest

It's done!! The order is finally in! I ended up with the Campaign Ottoman in Tuscany Harness with Buffalo Burnished Nails around the bottom, the Author Chair in Tuscany Harness with Native Butternut gimp, the Abby Chair in Mesquite Saddle Burnished with Tuscany Harness welt trim, and 2 H style pillows with Mesquite Saddle in the center, pleated trim in Native Butternut, and Sonoma Chestnut backing. I am sooooooo excited!! Duane's customer service is beyond compare, I can't say enough about how kind, helpful and patient he is! Now for the waiting game...

crunchysue Guest

Hooray! That's a lot of stuff - it'll be like christmas-and-a-half when they pull up in your driveway! And you're right - Duane has the patience of a saint!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    It's done!! The order is finally in! I ended up with the Campaign Ottoman in Tuscany Harness with Buffalo Burnished Nails around the bottom, the Author Chair in Tuscany Harness with Native Butternut gimp, the Abby Chair in Mesquite Saddle Burnished with Tuscany Harness welt trim, and 2 H style pillows with Mesquite Saddle in the center, pleated trim in Native Butternut, and Sonoma Chestnut backing. I am sooooooo excited!! Duane's customer service is beyond compare, I can't say enough about how kind, helpful and patient he is! Now for the waiting game...

I love the idea of the BNBs on the ottoman, how fun! Looking forward to seeing how they all turn out!