Thread: Document leather and shading

dr56 Guest

Default Document leather and shading

Hi Duane,

I have been reviewing your labor-intense town and country promotion you so kindly published here and looking at the document leather. In one of your posts you mentioned the document leathers have the two and three-tone shading. Do all document leathers have that shading? Its hard to deciper from the photos of the leathers which ones have the varying tones. I want a darker brown leather but uniform in color and not the shading you refer to. I can then cross the t&c program off my list if that is the case.

I appreciate any info you can give me. I am trying to find a dealer near our home where I can at a minimum view the leathers but there is no dealer close to our home.

Many thanks Duane for your time.

Thank you, and its my pleasure. Document leather has 27 colorways to it, and they vary from virtually no shading discernible (especially in lighter leathers) to heavy dark swirls in many of the darker leathers and then the wild tri-tone that comes on Document Sage. To make matters even more difficult, its hard to tell the degree of shading on the 4 x 6 dealer samples. I several pieces of Document in the Photo Resources section and will continue to add to that as leather pieces arrive at my store.

A fully uniform brown leather in a dark brown is actually kind of boring to look at! Most all hides (other than those that are usually put on contemporary pieces) have some degree of high-low shading.

Check out the on-line samples, cull them down to 8 or so, and then Private Message me with your address and I'll get samples of them out to you.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dr56 Guest

Many thanks, Duane. I guess solid brown can be boring, however, I actually like that simple plain look! I may be a minority in that area but I am looking for a more transitional vs. traditional look and I like the look of a plain brown leather for such a chair. Anyway, I will continue looking at samples and contact you with what I might consider. I did find a store about an hour from our home that also has H&M and will see if I can get out there to look personally at their leathers and possibly sit in one of their chairs. I really like the 7092 Kilby and am so apprehensive about buying without trying it. This store hapens to have the 7060k,7059, 7046 and 7017 so maybe one of those will be similar in comfort and I can somewhat judge how the Kilby will feel. Never did I think buying a leather recliner would entail so much work!

Again, thanks for your help!

Diane