Thread: Taylor King Sofa

appydecor Guest

Default Taylor King Sofa

Good Morning,

I stumbled across this forum while researching sofas for our den. I am very interested in the Taylor King Portfolio line. The quality of the TK sofa is wonderful, but I need information on what fabrics are in the Portfolio line. I am looking for something fairly neutral that will be durable enough for everyday use. If I am unable to find a fabric in the TK line, than my second choice sofa is in the Robin Bruce line. Any thoughts???

Default Re: Taylor King Sofa

I'll try to scan on the PORTFOLIO collection in the next couple of days. My biggest obstacle is my scanner hasn't worked properly since I got a new desktop! Once I get that figured out, it won't be too hard. The new Portfolio line offers 400 fabrics in three price tiers, its a very aggressive program.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jamesclarke160 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by appydecor View Post
    Good Morning,

I stumbled across this forum while researching sofas for our den. I am very interested in the Taylor King Portfolio line. The quality of the TK sofa is wonderful, but I need information on what fabrics are in the Portfolio line. I am looking for something fairly neutral that will be durable enough for everyday use. If I am unable to find a fabric in the TK line, than my second choice sofa is in the Robin Bruce line. Any thoughts???
    Surely taylor king sofa is most superior in quality but you can do bit of searching in Google to get detailed information about sofa fabrics and various brands.

jamesclarke160 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamesclarke160 View Post
    Surely taylor king sofa is most superior in Carpet cleaning brisbane quality but you can do bit of searching in Google to get detailed information about sofa fabrics Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast and various brands.
    Have you made the choice of getting new furniture?

appydecor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamesclarke160 View Post
    Have you made the choice of getting new furniture?
    No, not yet. I found a Robin Bruce style and fabric that I really like, but I know very little about the quality of the sofa. Love the Taylor King sofa, but it's a bit more complicated regarding which fabrics are available in the American Pride/Portfolio line.

The Portfolio collection (replaces the American Pride Group and is greatly expanded) is a 'buy-in' program that requires each dealer who wants to participate in it to floor a certain number of frames. For that reason, a lot of the smaller dealers will not have it, nor will any decorators, and its not published on their web site. The catalog of all the pieces is quite a few pages, and I will have to cut one up to scan it here to the forum (and I only have one!) but first I have to check with the CEO of TK to see if its OK if I do. I don't want to spend a day scanning it in and then be asked to remove it from a public forum. Different companies have different sensitivities about promos being published - if they didn't then they would do it themselves on their websites. I'll check into it, and if they say its good to go, then I'll scan the promo in over the next week or two as I get time.
    Duane Collie

MJM_CA Guest

Hi Duane,

Does the new Portfolio collection include some sectionals?

Yes, lots of sectionals. However, they have asked me NOT to scan in the Portfolio collection because its limited to specific dealers only. The Catalog itself is very nice and over 100 pages, with excellent photos. What I will do is get two extra copies and for my regular customers who would like to see it, I will mail it out for a $ 5 fee to cover postage and ask that you return it to me when done.
    Duane Collie