Thread: Hancock and Moore Sofa, 2 chairs, and 2 ottomans! Help, Please!

tldean2 Guest

Default Hancock and Moore Sofa, 2 chairs, and 2 ottomans! Help, Please!

Need some feedback asap, please! I think this is a good deal! Furniture is approx 5 years old and was used in a 2nd home. Currently in storage. Appears from additional photos to be in great shape. Seller says purchased from Robb&Stuckey. I'm hesitating b/c I'm out of state and it's a 5 hr drive, but it looks like an awesome deal. Seller says it is H&M quintessence beige. I saw bisque, not beige on the H&M site, but assumed it she either meant bisque or beige is discontinued. Appears to be the Lauren style sofa with matching chairs/ottomans. Is this a great deal or not? If so, please recommend white glove delivery service that will pick up and deliver from Dallas to Little Rock! We've used Sun to take delivery from purchase made through The Keeping Room.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Ed3K13Na5Le5Kf5H2d2s146413a59c561290.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	4458
    Last edited by tldean2; 03-03-2013 at 05:32 PM.

hglaber Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Sofa, 2 chairs, and 2 ottomans! Help, Please!

What kind of feedback are you looking for? You don't mention price, and that pic doesn't show current condition (not pics of furniture in storage) so you probably won't get much feedback on price/value. They look nice enough style-wise and Quintessence is a pretty pricey leather so I'd be surprised if it was anything but nice.

Were the other photos you mention pics of the pieces in storage? Before I drove 5 hours, I would want several current pics of each piece, including decent close ups. By that I mean, if they're in storage, I'd expect the background of the current pics to show some kind of storage facility/basement/abandoned chicken coop/hay tarp/whatever, and not a living room or the back of a van.

No info on white glove services, although I think that term generally refers to companies that deliver new furniture from a warehouse/factory to customers, not point-to-point. I believe those are called blanket-wrap services. That's what I've heard people using for things like moving purchased antiques or inherited furniture cross-country.

tldean2 Guest

Thank you for clarification on delivery services, etc. The asking price is $3500 for all 5 pieces. I've attached the photos taken from the storage unit where the furniture is currently located. Thank you for any additional information/advice you can give me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAW_2092.JPG 
Views:	541 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	4459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAW_2096.JPG 
Views:	491 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	4460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAW_2097.JPG 
Views:	527 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	4461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAW_2109.JPG 
Views:	512 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	4462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAW_2110.JPG 
Views:	485 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	4463

tldean2 Guest

Thank you, again. We've decided because of the logistics involved we will not be the proud new owners of this furniture, but I suspect someone will gladly purchase and have some awesome furniture.

Wow, they look beautiful and the price sounds like a bargain. Logistics can be difficult, but not impossible. For info, I'm working overseas and recently purchased a king bed frame and chest of drawers from 1700 miles away (origin and destination within the US). I organized transportation via a blanket wrap service on uShip, added insurance and had it delivered to our home for under $500. 100% successful and all arranged while I'm over 6000 miles away, so you can do it you really want them. It's worth asking the Sun guys how much they'd charge and if they're too pricey, pick a a shipper on uShip who has impeccable feedback, the right truck and plenty of good quality protective wrapping for such beautiful furniture.
    Last edited by Mountainlion; 03-04-2013 at 01:31 PM.

BevoGal Guest

Those pieces look very nice and it does sound like a great deal. I second calling Sun Delivery to see what they would charge to arrange picking up and delivering to you. Don't give up just yet -- looks like they came from a nice home =)

tldean2 Guest

Seller has offered to deliver using a trailer owned by them for $200 + gas. Just nervous about making such a huge purchase without seeing it in person, but I do think it's a good deal. Not sure if it's a great deal! Would like to hear what Duane thinks ....now, it's a few hours later and after much thought, we've decided not to purchase. Such great pieces! They will be awesome in someone's home.
    Last edited by tldean2; 03-04-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Five pieces--all utilized as furniture in a second home? In very good condition? I'd be all over that!

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but if that deal was in my neck of the woods, I'd offer 2800, but be willing to go as high as full price. And I'd rent a U-Haul and take a friend and a few blankets and tie-downs. With only five pieces secured in the truck, I wouldn't be too worried about damage.

Wow. They bought that from Robb & Stuckey they probably paid $ 15K to $ 18K for it all in GR 4 leather. $ 3,500 is certainly fair - BUT - they will have a VERY hard time finding a buyer because the sofa is Quilted, and that is not a popular option. $ 200 is a steal for delivery...HUGELY. If it were me, I'd say $ 3,000 delivered. And to be fair, I'd PayPal them $ 300 up front to pay for transport and let them know that if its substandard upon delivery you won't complete the transaction, but I don't really see that happening. That's an tremendous leather on those.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

tldean2 Guest

Thank you all so very much! It looked like a GREAT deal to me! I thought $3500 was a little steep for 5 year old furniture sight unseen even if it is H&M, but I definitely did not think it was out of the question. After much consideration, hubby and I decided it wasn't for us. We appreciate the quality of the leather grade and the workmanship, but just couldn't make ourselves love it enough to purchase it. Didn't see it listed today, so I'm assuming they have a buyer and should have. The furniture is beautiful. I feel like this is one of the few places where I can get honest feedback. Thanks again, to all posters. Thanks to you, Duane, for creating this forum and for sharing your knowledge.