Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bean Bags are not as comfy as you'd think!

BevoGal Guest

Default Bean Bags are not as comfy as you'd think!

Well, it has been a few days since I hurriedly donated my sofa and chair/ottoman to a local charity. I know my Sundance sectional is in TX (thinking it's in Dallas) and they are scheduling its trip to Houston. Bean bags and mini-kid chairs have become the seating choice in the living room. This was cute and fun at first (my boys LOVE it), but now my husband and I find ourselves reading iPads on the bean bags each night. My back is so sore from this, LOL. I physically cannot wait for my new sofa...it will certainly feel infinitely better than the wood floor and a bean bag!

And, I have company arriving late Saturday night. Do you think the sofa will come in time for that? Maybe in my dreams...I've only been waiting since Thanksgiving. "Come in, pull-up a bean bag and we'll visit" It's almost comical at this point. C'mon phone...ring, ring, and say it's on its way!

BevoGal Guest

Default Re: Bean Bags are not as comfy as you'd think!

I just checked again, and my tracking says "scheduled delivery of 3/16." I believe it shipped out from H&M 2/14 and arrived in TX 2/23.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Hmmm...another 10 days and its in Dallas? That seems like a long time to get here from there. Must be a lot of drop-offs in between? Hopefully they will surprise you with it early!

crunchysue Guest

Somewhere around here I read a long post from Duane about shipping ... I think I remember that H&M ships it to a regional carrier site (Dallas for you, LA for me), then the carrier (Sun for me) unboxes it, checks it out, fixes anything they can, re-packs it in blankets, then waits until they have enough stuff for a full truck, then drives it to your house. So it spends a week or two at the regional carrier site. But I could be wrong

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crunchysue View Post
    Somewhere around here I read a long post from Duane about shipping ... I think I remember that H&M ships it to a regional carrier site (Dallas for you, LA for me), then the carrier (Sun for me) unboxes it, checks it out, fixes anything they can, re-packs it in blankets, then waits until they have enough stuff for a full truck, then drives it to your house. So it spends a week or two at the regional carrier site. But I could be wrong
    Yes, he told me it would be about 3 weeks (which I started counting at 2/14). Funny thing, the phone DID ring tonight at 7:30! It was an automated call from Sun Delivery and I got so excited at first. Alas, the date has still been set at 3/16. Just a week from Saturday, but the longest 10 days ever ). Luckily, we did not plan any major travel for Spring Break next week. I am so excited for my special piece to arrive, there's no telling what sort of household projects I'll finally complete to pass the time, LOL.

BevoGal Guest

Oh, and my company is coming in from Dallas. The irony.

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    Hmmm...another 10 days and its in Dallas? That seems like a long time to get here from there. Must be a lot of drop-offs in between? Hopefully they will surprise you with it early!
    Soooo long! This is one time where I would accept delivery guys coming at any hour, as long as it was this week

crunchysue Guest

Why did it take so long to ship? Did you get a CFA?

Give Sun a call or send them an email asking them do see if they can expedite. They are usually very accommodating if they can fit you in the schedule. A month is a little long. If you get nowhere with them, drop me an email or PM and I can speak with the owner about it. I usually don't like to call in the big guns until you try to contact them yourself...give it a try!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Give Sun a call or send them an email asking them do see if they can expedite. They are usually very accommodating if they can fit you in the schedule. A month is a little long. If you get nowhere with them, drop me an email or PM and I can speak with the owner about it. I usually don't like to call in the big guns until you try to contact them yourself...give it a try!
    I've sent them an email now to ask for expediting the delivery - I will follow up with a phone call today. I also forwarded you the emails, Duane - thank you for the tip on requesting them to speed it up a bit.

CrunchySue - amazingly, no CFA =) My leather was on backorder in November, so I knew it would be March/April before the sectional arrived. Things got a little exciting though when I heard it was ready!

Here's a SMALL WORLD for you: At an all-day class yesterday, my friend asked me about my new sofa, to which I responded "still waiting!" The lady sitting next to me said, "BevoGal??" Yes, it was daisymarie. What are the odds? Too funny.