Thread: Stanley Stoneleigh Mahogany Quality

Default Stanley Stoneleigh Mahogany Quality

I'm new so bear with me.

I am considering a Stanley Stoneleigh dining set as a "used" purchase. Any thoughts on quality or price? anything comparable? I know it is no longer manufacturered and all the new Stanley looks to be poorer quality.

I am very traditional in my tastes and there doesn't seem to be much of that available in quality new furniture.

Thanks.

Default Re: Stanley Stoneleigh Mahogany Quality

One of the things I really can't help with is a question such as this. You see there are thousands of makers of furniture, who can learn and study about them all? Certainly not I. I'm in my store 6 days a week and on my one day off I can assure you I don't jump in the car to go to other stores to study brands I don't carry . It would be a full time job to learn all the different products out there and how they stack up. So, the right way to get an evaluation here is to take a series of detailed photos with a REAL camera (no fuzzy, underexposed cell phone shots in low resolution) that show the details of construction from all angles, especially the underside. If i can see a series of (5) or more photos like that - and know the price you intend to pay, then I can give you a reasonable idea of quality / value of the piece.

There are lots of pieces out there that are high quality still being made - I sell them every day. But quality doesn't come cheaply, so budget factors can come into play pretty quickly.
    Duane Collie
    Please Ask ALL Questions in the Forum
    Private Messages (PM's) are for Sample Requests and Placing Orders