Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leather/wood finish/room- Does it all have to match?

Default Re: Leather/wood finish/room- Does it all have to match?

Nice looking rug! I think you can use most any color with that except whites, creams and blacks. Tiburon Peacock is pretty bold, it will have a blast of color - be sure you want that. The Glazed series leathers are just nasty - ugh - they are what we saw back in the 80's and have a plasticky, sticky feel to them. There are better picks. Remember to not just buy a leather with your eyes, you have to feel the texture and hand of it as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kimber418 Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 3.40.19 PM.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	4568
    Duane,
    Do you or any forum members know which blue leather this sofa from H & M is? I am thinking of doing the Harper sofa in either Weston Navy or this blue leather .....First I am going to order a cutting of course. Thanks again for any help!

That photo is very old, that leather may not even be current. However, it looks very much like Glazed Sapphire to me.
    Duane Collie

kimber418 Guest

Thank you Duane~

I'd go with a light caramel color or green and use the peacock or other blue as accents (pillows, lamps, etc.) to bring out that color from the rug. I actually think a whole piece in a deep blue would look darker against all the wood in the room.

I think the rug you picked is beautiful, but you could also consider antique Persian rugs in addition to Turkish if you're not 100% in love with it. I find a lot of newer Turkish rugs have more muted tones to blend with the neutral color schemes people tend to use in their houses (a la Restoration Hardware catalog photos). Sometimes the older rugs (while natural vegetable dyes will be softer than the chemical dye colors) are still more vibrant. But if you love that rug (and I do think it's gorgeous), no reason to keep looking!

What about Weston Jute? http://hancockandmoore.com/images/le...WestonJute.jpg or cameo luggage burnished like on this sofa http://hancockandmoore.com/product.asp?productid=2297?
    Last edited by DCGator631; 04-10-2013 at 02:19 AM.

kimber418 Guest

DC~thank you for your suggestions. I have not committed to this rug yet. I have it out on approval right now. I am going to look at some persian rugs today. I am so open to suggestions on this room. The dark wood on the walls is gorgeous but I never knew it would be problematic to decorate. My husband keeps saying he wants vibrant color and he is the one who worked with the architect to design this mahogany study. I wish I lived near a store like THE KEEPING ROOM!

kimber418 Guest

I know H & M does not like customers to pick out a leather based on their website sofa leather......BUT.....Why don't they tell you what leather it is? It is so frustrating to a visual person like myself. Is there anyway to decode the numbers and figure it out?

I love this navy......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 4.25.11 PM.png 
Views:	335 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	4572
    But I have no way of knowing what leather it is. I also do really like Cameo Luggage Burnished - but am afraid of it looking too gold.

kimber418 Guest

If I did this navy leather for the Harper sofa---- I would use the navy on this chair above and do a lighter wood Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-10 at 10.32.49 AM.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	4574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-10 at 10.33.26 AM.png 
Views:	267 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	4573 for the wood on the Harper sofa. There is a substantial amount of wood that shows on this sofa. I would use a goldish gilt nail on the arms. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 3.01.31 PM.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	4575

Any thoughts on this H & M sofa with described above with this rug?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030961.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	4576

kimber418 Guest

SO! Just an update. I am getting samples of Steeplechase bone polished & Tierra French Luggage (thank you Duane) and Cameo luggage burnished (thank you DC)! Also I found out that chair and ottoman are caress soft navy so I am getting a sample of that also. Decision coming soon. I feel like I am having a 5th child with this project! Thank you to all who are helping. I hope I can help others in the future. Love this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kimber418 View Post
    I know H & M does not like customers to pick out a leather based on their website sofa leather......BUT.....Why don't they tell you what leather it is? It is so frustrating to a visual person like myself. Is there anyway to decode the numbers and figure it out?

I love this navy......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 4.25.11 PM.png 
Views:	335 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	4572
    But I have no way of knowing what leather it is. I also do really like Cameo Luggage Burnished - but am afraid of it looking too gold.
    Leathers change so frequently they don't like to label them because the photos can stay around a long time. That in the photo is Caress Soft Navy, however. Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie