Thread: H&M Austin couchs and chair in Capri Bordeaux

Empty_nest Guest

Default H&M Austin couchs and chair in Capri Bordeaux

Giving back to the forum. Lots of good advice and ideas posted here. We ordered several pieces from Duane with Sun Delivery and it all worked flawlessly (Thanks Duane).
    Pictured are the Austin high back tilt chair with ottoman, high back couch with ottoman and a half, and a regular back love seat that helps divide up the room without being too tall. Ultra-down in seat and back cushions. Everything is in Capri Bordeaux (Grade 4 unprotected) with buffalo nickel nails along the bottom. We have seen cavalier oxblood leather pieces in showrooms, but not the capri leather. The last photo shows a sample of cavalier oxblood leather on the capri ottoman. We really like the two-tone effect of the capri, and it is incredibly soft to the hand.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room.jpg 
Views:	2290 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	4504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recliner.jpg 
Views:	1742 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	4503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	1758 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	4500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nails.jpg 
Views:	1644 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	4502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leather.jpg 
Views:	1637 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	4501

Default Re: H&M Austin couchs and chair in Capri Bordeaux

That all looks great in your room and THANK YOU for your business, its most appreciated. The Ottoman and a Half works really well in front of the sofa as matched-in set piece, too. Capri is a little different from Cavalier, isn't it? <g> I know it really adds to the price of the pieces to do that hide, but it really is an exceptional leather that you get to enjoy every day. I imagine with leather and the ultra down cores, its a pretty luxurious sit.

Enjoy!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bettyslocombe Guest

How are you liking the high back as opposed to the regular back? Do they feel good to both of you or is one better for one person and the other better for the other person? Thanks for taking the time to post your photos. It is incredibly helpful.

Empty_nest Guest

We mainly sit on the high back couch for viewing TV, it is very comfortable for both of us. I am 5'3" and my husband is 6', the high back gives a place to rest your head, whereas the regular back does not. We definitely use the ottoman with the high back, without it my feet would not touch the ground. Both are very comfortable. Hope this helps!

Tabby Guest

Empty_nest:
    Just in case you're still getting replies to this thread..... We're considering Capri Bordeaux. Do you find it a "warm" or "cool" red? I see you have it in a room with "orange" walls. We have a lot of "rust" color (a more brown orange) in our house, and I'm wondering how it will coordinate. It's so hard to tell with a small sample. It looks really good in your pictures, and it looks "warmer" compared to the oxblood sample.
    Thanks!

Capri Bordeaux is very rich looking, I think it leans towards cool rather than warm, but mostly it's just elegant. If you need a larger 6" x 8" swatch just request one in the Quotes part of the forum and I will mail it out Tuesday morning.
    Duane Collie

Laura Guest

[QUOTE=drcollie;18426]That all looks great in your room and THANK YOU for your business, its most appreciated. The Ottoman and a Half works really well in front of the sofa as matched-in set piece, too. Capri is a little different from Cavalier, isn't it? <g> I know it really adds to the price of the pieces to do that hide, but it really is an exceptional leather that you get to enjoy every day. I imagine with leather and the ultra down cores, its a pretty luxurious sit.

This Capri Bordeaux is much more subdued than the Capri Bordeaux in the picture in "H&M # 088 Drake Bench in Capri Bordeaux / Townsend wood finish." Was it just the lighting? I like the more subdued color leather. Thank you again.

[QUOTE=Laura;31955]
    Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    That all looks great in your room and THANK YOU for your business, its most appreciated. The Ottoman and a Half works really well in front of the sofa as matched-in set piece, too. Capri is a little different from Cavalier, isn't it? <g> I know it really adds to the price of the pieces to do that hide, but it really is an exceptional leather that you get to enjoy every day. I imagine with leather and the ultra down cores, its a pretty luxurious sit.

This Capri Bordeaux is much more subdued than the Capri Bordeaux in the picture in "H&M # 088 Drake Bench in Capri Bordeaux / Townsend wood finish." Was it just the lighting? I like the more subdued color leather. Thank you again.
    Laura, does your head rest all the way back on the shorter Austin. I am also 5’3” and thought the regular Austin might suffice. Which do you prefer?

At anything under 5' 6" in height, the regular Austin series works best for folks.
    Duane Collie