Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

Hybrid View

BevoGal Guest

Default Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

It's here! Tomorrow is cleaning day and I will have the sofa properly modeled - come back for pictures . Everyone is enjoying this new featured piece in our family room.

Our delivery from SUN was less than perfect, but Duane has handled that very well (as you would expect). I will write a full review soon. We will return to The Keeping Room for an ottoman and/or desk chairs in the future -- the H&M pieces are built to last, and we love the quality.

BevoGal Guest

Default Re: Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

Check out the photos of our Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0006.jpg 
Views:	1079 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	4505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0013.jpg 
Views:	1152 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	4506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	4507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg 
Views:	1025 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	4508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0008.jpg 
Views:	913 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	4509

Most of these are without the flash - you can see how the color will vary from light tan to almost wet sand/green, depending on the light.

This is what we ordered from Duane:

4716LAQ/4718RAQ
    Weston Sand (Grade III)
    A Nail
    Standard cores
    Hazlenut wood feet
    Last edited by BevoGal; 03-18-2013 at 04:25 PM.

spbell Guest

It's big, bold and beautiful!!!

ldematte Guest

The sectional is absolutely gorgeous! The leather choice looks fabulous. Love your choice of pillows to bring out the colors in your room. It comes together beautifully!
    Enjoy!

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ldematte View Post
    The sectional is absolutely gorgeous! The leather choice looks fabulous. Love your choice of pillows to bring out the colors in your room. It comes together beautifully!
    Enjoy!
    Thank you, everyone! We took naps there yesterday...3 of us (mom and two kids) at one time Still enjoying it.

I do love the color and it goes very well with all my sea blue accents. Those cabinets by the breakfast table are actually lockers for my boys' backpacks, cleats, hats, etc. I had them made by Sawdust City, and selected "old sea blue" paint. You can choose from a variety of colors. Since I do not have a mudroom (major drawback that will be more apparent when my little boys turn into BIG boys with more sporting equipment, etc.), I had to incorporate something in that spot. There is a bench between them, with baskets underneath for their shoes. The grown up shoes go in baskets on that bookcase near the piano and back door (where the lamp is perched). Any time I find a piece that goes with a "classy beachy" look, and I can organize our "stuff" with it, I'm happy. Felt like explaining our reason for those extra pieces in the room!

BevoGal,

This thread has been interesting for several reasons. Thanks for posting all the terrific photos of your pieces, layouts, and other details. The Weston Sand used on your sectional is very, very pretty. Everything looks light and airy. Your sunroom is another job well done. Your attention to details is inspiring, which reminds me to mention the blue porch ceiling.

My Mammaw, great aunt, and stepmom long ago informed me that one always, always paints the porch ceiling sky blue because it keeps wasps and dirt daubers from building their nests there. According to this bit of sage advice, those little nest builders are tricked into thinking it is open sky and as such, is not a space protected from the elements. I'm not claiming that's officially, scientifically verified, but I will tell you I never...never...ever...saw any signs of insect nests in the corners of those ladies' porches!

Additionally, I am most appreciative for you and Duane relating the delivery experience. Although I usually tend to be a glass half full kind of girl, I do like being (or feeling?) prepared. Your post definitely helped do that as I anticipate the day my pieces are delivered. Stuff happens. I certainly am old enough to know that! Having said that, your post was a great reminder as to the importance of keeping calm, being thorough, and remaining polite. Thanks for taking the time to relate your story.

Lastly, BevoGal, I have to say it... Gig 'Em, Aggies!

TXCajun

BevoGal Guest

Thanks, TXCajun, for the kind words!! This forum has been a valuable resource for me and I'm happy to return the favor.

I also LOVE a good "haint blue" on a porch. It is tricky to find the best one, but the sunroom is "Bali" from Benjamin Moore and I like the freshness of it.

I knew there had to be a zinger in there somewhere...love those Aggies anyway Hook 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by BevoGal View Post
    Thanks, TXCajun, for the kind words!! This forum has been a valuable resource for me and I'm happy to return the favor.

I also LOVE a good "haint blue" on a porch. It is tricky to find the best one, but the sunroom is "Bali" from Benjamin Moore and I like the freshness of it.

I knew there had to be a zinger in there somewhere...love those Aggies anyway Hook 'em!
    BevoGal,

You just taught me something! I had no idea as to the meaning of "haint blue". So, I asked the google and found the answer very interesting. I never heard my older family members mention being concerned about haints, though. They were all more afraid of stingin' and bitin' things. Actually, I think they just hated having to clean the messes those things made with their nests.

Thanks for teaching me a fun, new (old) word, BevoGal!

TXCajun

BEAUTIFUL is the only word that comes when looking at your photos. Congratulations on you choice.

Larry

artielange Guest

Gorgeous! I love when people choose a color other than brown.