Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

spbell Guest

Default Re: Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

It's big, bold and beautiful!!!

ldematte Guest

The sectional is absolutely gorgeous! The leather choice looks fabulous. Love your choice of pillows to bring out the colors in your room. It comes together beautifully!
    Enjoy!

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ldematte View Post
    The sectional is absolutely gorgeous! The leather choice looks fabulous. Love your choice of pillows to bring out the colors in your room. It comes together beautifully!
    Enjoy!
    Thank you, everyone! We took naps there yesterday...3 of us (mom and two kids) at one time Still enjoying it.

I do love the color and it goes very well with all my sea blue accents. Those cabinets by the breakfast table are actually lockers for my boys' backpacks, cleats, hats, etc. I had them made by Sawdust City, and selected "old sea blue" paint. You can choose from a variety of colors. Since I do not have a mudroom (major drawback that will be more apparent when my little boys turn into BIG boys with more sporting equipment, etc.), I had to incorporate something in that spot. There is a bench between them, with baskets underneath for their shoes. The grown up shoes go in baskets on that bookcase near the piano and back door (where the lamp is perched). Any time I find a piece that goes with a "classy beachy" look, and I can organize our "stuff" with it, I'm happy. Felt like explaining our reason for those extra pieces in the room!

BevoGal, CONGRATULATIONS on your new delivery. Sundance is such a beautiful H&M piece and it looks amazing in your home.

We all hope to receive furniture in 100% perfect condition, but as with everything in life, we know nothing is 100% guaranteed and it's unfortunate that the odd delivery is going to lack the expected standard. How a seller deals with such a situation is very telling. Duane, you deserve huge credit for rescuing this purchase and making it satisfactory for the customer even at your expense (which thankfully didn't stand). Working it out to the satisfaction of buyer (foremost) and seller and delivery company, now that's a hard feat when disappointment, upset, annoyance and frustration are emotions that come to the fore for everyone (as well as pressure on your side from needing to attend to customers in the shop and the purchaser of your truck). It is this kind of service that is so hard to find in the world today and I truly admire your 'old values' which are refreshing in this day and age and so much appreciated. Your actions clearly show a man with integrity, who earns custom through honesty and decency. Standing by your customer, as in this case, is a true example of a fine man.

BevoGal, I have to say it again that your Sundance is amazing. I love the way it fits into the whole decor of your home, you have an artistic touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlion View Post
    We all hope to receive furniture in 100% perfect condition, but as with everything in life, we know nothing is 100% guaranteed and it's unfortunate that the odd delivery is going to lack the expected standard. How a seller deals with such a situation is very telling. Duane, you deserve huge credit for rescuing this purchase and making it satisfactory for the customer even at your expense (which thankfully didn't stand). Working it out to the satisfaction of buyer (foremost) and seller and delivery company, now that's a hard feat when disappointment, upset, annoyance and frustration are emotions that come to the fore for everyone (as well as pressure on your side from needing to attend to customers in the shop and the purchaser of your truck). It is this kind of service that is so hard to find in the world today and I truly admire your 'old values' which are refreshing in this day and age and so much appreciated. Your actions clearly show a man with integrity, who earns custom through honesty and decency. Standing by your customer, as in this case, is a true example of a fine man.
    You're going to make me blush...thank you!

Some dealers - and some suppliers - are all about "The Money". Most are, actually. It makes me cringe when I hear some of the stories out there - and some have been told right here on the forum as well. Every business runs as they so choose, but reputation is everything as far as I'm concerned. And integrity is what you leave as your legacy. I don't expect my customers to get anything less and I demand the same of all my suppliers as well. The fastest way in the world to get kicked off my sales floor is to not stand one hundred percent behind your product and your people as a supplier. I once had a vendor I did a lot of business with, David T. Smith out of Ohio, who told one of my customers on the phone that she was an idiot for not securing her hanging wall cupboard with bracing screws (it had a leather strap it would hang from and hers broke and crashed into her TV and VCR). He actually called her an idiot. She should have called me first! But when she told me the conversation in tears I picked up the phone to David and gave him a piece of my mind and he lost a major account that afternoon. I gave her a store credit for the cupboard and bought here a new VCR, too. I lost a couple hundred dollars on that deal but did right by her.

I've done well in this business - though I wish the hours were a little shorter - and prefer to operate so my customers are happy and if I don't make margin on a particular deal then so be it, that's the nature of running a business. I always try to put myself in the shoes of my customers and ask myself "What would I expect in the same situation?" Since I own the business and can make decisions on the fly, I have no one to answer to or have to risk my job trying to make an exception for a customer. I do get the occasional irrational customer who can't be reasoned with ("The $ 8,000 sofa is off on the color from the sample, therefore I demand it for free and all I am going to pay for is the shipping"). Uh-huh - that's not happenin'.

All-in-all its not too hard to find a resolution to an issue that may come up. Reasonable people can usually find reasonable solutions (unlike the U.S. Congress). lol
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-23-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Vegas Guest

MountainLion and Duane you both couldn't have said it any better. First, MountainLion, your words echo my thoughts and I am sure many others on this forum regarding Duane's ethics and business practice. Its so refreshing to actually deal with someone in business who has integrity. I can count on one hand the number of folks who I feel that way about today. So many times I have been letdown and disappointed regarding major purchases and most especially furniture dealers!

Duane, thanks for helping me acquire the Hand Painted Sunset Burnished leather for my Carmen, the Princeton cover and now the Utah chair I just ordered today. Your integrity, honesty, and customer service is like a breath of fresh air and is so appreciated. Next year, onto the Royalpedic!

Damask Guest

BevoGal, it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Loving everything about it (and your kitchen too!)!
    If you happen to visit the forum again, I was wondering how do you like the Standard cores on the Sundance?
    I'm about to order it too (in Sofa and Loveseat) and can't decide whether to go with Standard or Ultra Down...
    Thank you in advance!

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Damask View Post
    BevoGal, it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Loving everything about it (and your kitchen too!)!
    If you happen to visit the forum again, I was wondering how do you like the Standard cores on the Sundance?
    I'm about to order it too (in Sofa and Loveseat) and can't decide whether to go with Standard or Ultra Down...
    Thank you in advance!
    Hi, Damask! I am glad you wrote as I've been meaning to come back and update. The standard cores are great for the seat cushions and keep the back cushions pretty firm (comfortable of course, just more of an upright sitting position). The sun dance is not a deep sofa, but it works well with an ottoman (which we don't have yet!) -- we use these tree stump poufs from the Land of Nod, lol. It is a great place to take a nap, but it is not so wide that you'd make a big bed on it...more like laying on your side. I'm wondering if down cushions for the back rests would have given more room to scoot back in your seat? I think the standard cores push me forward, but I also think they'll break in even more over time. I never wanted a saggy look and that is why I chose standard. My toss pillows are all down so we get the "squishy factor" there .

My dining room is my current project and I should post some decorating photos here after it's finished. I still need to order some desk chairs from Duane too! Thanks again for bringing me back to the forum.

Damask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BevoGal View Post
    ...I'm wondering if down cushions for the back rests would have given more room to scoot back in your seat? I think the standard cores push me forward, but I also think they'll break in even more over time...
    Hi, BevoGal! Thank YOU for coming back and replying to my question

If indeed what you said above is a common effect of Standard cores than I may HAVE TO get the Down ones; hubby is 6'2", he sat on Down ones and was ok with them; I'm afraid that any less room, and he'll burn the sofa the day it arrives LOL Did your cushions break-in a bit or quite a bit over the past few months? Do the cushions that are used more often break-in much more than the ones that are not sat on as much...?

Would you mind measuring the inside depth on your sofa (sitting area) and the overall depth on the side? There seems to be a question whether Sundance is now 46" or 50" deep and how it effects the sitting space...

Thank you again for your help! Truly appreciate it and will be looking for your new threads to chime in as well

BevoGal Guest

I have several measurements as you go around from the arm of the sofa side to the arm of the love seat side, one measurement per seat cushion, 6 seat cushions:

Sitting areas (I measured from the back cushion forward to the edge of the seat)
    - 21 (28 with back cushion removed)
    - 20 (27)
    - 19 (26)
    - 23.5 (wedge, 31 without back cushion)
    - 20 (27)
    - 21 (28)

Overall depth, I measured on the side from the deepest curve (mid-back height) to the furthest point on the front (just above the feet):
    - about 42-44 max

Hope this helps! Again, it's comfortable as a sofa used with an ottoman or footrest. When my three boys aren't using the open area to play, we will get one. Right now, we use these little tree stump footstools from the Land of Nod . I have napped on it several times as well.

Side note for others who come along: My Weston Sand leather scratches easily, but it is the nature of the leather. My 2 yo actually scratched each seat back with his nails while I was in the laundry room - awful. But I applied a little conditioner with a damp rag, lots of pressure from my hand (without the rag) and it looks better. I love the softness of the leather and the color is perfect for our home.