Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

ViviV Guest

Default Re: Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand

Gig 'Em Aggies!!

BevoGal Guest

Thanks, TXCajun, for the kind words!! This forum has been a valuable resource for me and I'm happy to return the favor.

I also LOVE a good "haint blue" on a porch. It is tricky to find the best one, but the sunroom is "Bali" from Benjamin Moore and I like the freshness of it.

I knew there had to be a zinger in there somewhere...love those Aggies anyway Hook 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by BevoGal View Post
    Thanks, TXCajun, for the kind words!! This forum has been a valuable resource for me and I'm happy to return the favor.

I also LOVE a good "haint blue" on a porch. It is tricky to find the best one, but the sunroom is "Bali" from Benjamin Moore and I like the freshness of it.

I knew there had to be a zinger in there somewhere...love those Aggies anyway Hook 'em!
    BevoGal,

You just taught me something! I had no idea as to the meaning of "haint blue". So, I asked the google and found the answer very interesting. I never heard my older family members mention being concerned about haints, though. They were all more afraid of stingin' and bitin' things. Actually, I think they just hated having to clean the messes those things made with their nests.

Thanks for teaching me a fun, new (old) word, BevoGal!

TXCajun

Quote Originally Posted by BevoGal View Post
    By the way, that is a cheap stand-in ottoman and I will get a "nicer" one from Hancock and Moore when my boys are older. Again, the scratches really do blend back in after Leather Magic is applied - just like putting lotion on your skin. One day, I'll post a before and after, but you can almost tell from looking at the back cushions vs. the seat cushions (the back cushions look as the seat cushions would after Leather Magic).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0840.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	8213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0843.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	8214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0845.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	8215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0846.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	8216

The leather color looks most like the last up-close picture - the others may show too much flash. I don't think it is a light color, more like "wet sand" on a Texas beach (not the white sand of Florida beaches, ha!).

I wipe the sofa down regularly with a lightly damp rag and do the conditioning less often. Last week, I vacuumed under all the cushions and now I will condition as soon as I get more of the product.
    BevoGal,
    What sized rug is that under your sectional, a 6'x9'? Your house is absolutely beautiful & everything in that room you've chosen coordinates so well together. Ugh, I hate to be the 1 that's going to point this out; but, that rug is really too small for the room & sofa & somewhat throwing off the continuity/flow. I don't even think going up to an 8'x10' would be big enough, but def getting a larger rug, say a 11'x13' would eliminate the effect of your Sundance overpowering the rug.

I'm studying to be an Interior Designer(making a career change, actually) & choosing the wrong sized rug for the space & your furniture is a really common mistake a lot of ppl, including yours truly(LOL) have made too many times to count! It wasn't until I learned about scale that I realized how much more the flow of a room is improved by choosing the correct sized rug. Too small a rug &/or covering up too much of a too small rug with the furniture & it'll look as tho your furniture's overpowering everything else in the room. Too large a rug &/or NOT properly placing your furniture on it & it'll do the opposite: your furniture will look puny & tiny in the room.

There's some great write-ups online on decor blogs about using your own room's measurements to aide in choosing the right rug size & how to place your furniture on it based on the rug's size(a really large rug should have ALL 4 legs of a sofa & any chairs on it. A slightly smaller rug should only have the front legs of a sofa & any chairs on it, etc.) It's a great little trick of the trade & useful info for someone like yourself with an obvious eye for design, but who also doesn't need all that extra technical industry knowledge that someone like an Interior Designer or Decorator would need to know in order to get certified.

That's a beautiful rug actually, & was going to ask you where'd you get it, cause it looks EXACTLY like my living room rug?! It's the same exact colors, pattern & design!! Mine's the 8'x10'(purchased after learning about scale, etc & realizing my old 6'x9' wouldn't work anymore,) hand tufted 100% New Zealand wool Tudor rug from Home Decorators Collection.

Anyways, I hope I didn't come off as spoiling the tone of your post with my "rug advice?" Just trust me on this: swap out that 5'x8', or 6'x9' for a rug at least twice that size & you'd be amazed at how much more the room just visually feels more cohesive. Especially, if you're going to be placing a large cocktail ottoman in front of the sofa. The current sized rug will all be but swallowed up after putting an ottoman there! Lol

Oops, almost forgot: think I read that y'all are in the Dallas area, correct? Lol, if I hadn't read that & just knew y'all were in Texas, I'd swear you were here in The Woodlands! Your house looks exactly like my gma's & parent's homes

P.S. Great choice in the worn brick for the sunroom! It's a really well done herringbone layout, with def a very old South/New Orleans look to it! The worn brick color choice couldn't have been better...Duane is right: you def have an eye for design!

Andrea
    Last edited by Asomer; 04-09-2016 at 04:03 AM.