Thread: Newbie looking for info and advice on B+Y Sectional

pvcpvc Guest

Default Newbie looking for info and advice on B+Y Sectional

Hi there,

I've been doing some reading (thank you so much for this great resource!) and think I have things narrowed down a bit. I *think* a B&Y Yorba sectional is within reach for us, just need to do some fine tuning of options and get a price quote.

First silly question: the difference between the LAF and LAF corner return sofa is the "corner" or "connector" piece, correct? This will be a 90 degree as opposed to rounded corner? I'm still trying to decide what configuration is right for us. We have a decent sized room, but I want don't want a sofa taking up every inch of available space. I was thinking about the 508-84 and 508-93 as pictured on the B&Y site, but need to measure and make sure this is a good size for our room. I don't see that there would be many options for a smaller configuration, but then again, I'm not an expert in sectional terminology...yet :-)

I saw the photos posted in the B&Y photo section and am thinking the Grade 2 leather (this is the Bentley group, correct?) would probably suit us and our very large slobbering dog who likes to put his face on the sofa, but would like opinions here, too. I like the idea of the Aniline Plus, but am not sure what colors this comes in (not a big fan of black). This would be going in a mahogany-paneled room, so I need to find something that won't clash. Any ideas? Durability is first concern.

I would appreciate any advice. Having never done this before, and hoping to get it right so I don't have to do it for another 15+ years, I'm a little overwhelmed by all of the choices.

Thanks!

pvcpvc Guest

Default Re: Newbie looking for info and advice on B+Y Sectional

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-12.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	4527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-11.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	4528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-10.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	4529

I need some color advice. The rug and chairs in the room now are temporary. Besides the bookcase, the new sectional and the big black dog, the room will have no other pieces besides an ottoman (eventually). And perhaps a new rug. There's a lot of orange and red tones going on already in the wood and fireplace.

Thinking about 9012-88 or 69 because I like the idea of Aniline Plus (Chocolate and Shiraz), 9021-85 (Meribel), 9058-85 (Maple Syrup) or 9049-86 (Clove) or possibly 9417-78 (Red Fox) or 9514-87 or 9417-88. Any advice?

Default Re: Newbie looking for info and advice on B+Y Sectional

The 508 Yorba should fit well in there, no issues that I can see. Correct, Bentley place is a price grade 2 leather. Durability is a function of owner maintenance, not which leather you pick (exceptions made for nubuck suedes and exotics). Keeping it clean is more important then which leather category you buy. In you room, my first inclination would be go with a red leather, and if you don't like that then a bone or tan color. Give it a little pop. I'd not do dark colors myself - you have enough dark going on.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.