Thread: Changes to Orders - Will now be charges to do so

Default Changes to Orders - Will now be charges to do so

I have to make a change to the way I do business and that is on the topic of changes to an existing order:

Once you place an order with my store and I have submitted it to the maker, there will be a $ 30 charge to revise and make changes, each time a change is made..

Order changes take a lot of time. They require pulling the original order, calling the maker to see if it can be altered or if its too late in production to do so, then faxing in a new order as it all has to be done in writing. The maker responds by creating a new acknowledgement when then has to be re-logged in when it arrives at my store. While a customer may phone and say "I want to change the finish color" in 30 seconds or less, it creates a half hour of paperwork for something that simple. During sale periods such as this past Hancock and Moore Winter sale event, folks called in orders to get under the deadline, then spent the next week or two revising their orders. Some orders had five and six changes made to them over a two week period. Multiply that by 50 or 60 orders and you can see why I have to charge to do so. Order changes take up a large portion of my work day.
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-02-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.