Thread: H and M decisions decisions....

makingtomorrow Guest

Default H and M decisions decisions....

I want a grade 2 leather with serviceability of 2. The color needs to go with rustic tile and french bleed handscraped hickory. I was thinking nutmeg/butterscotch but like the color that the sun turned this cavalier mocha.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Cavalier-Mocha

Can you guide me to some leather and color names to get the rich look I want? I do not like gloss.

I am interested in the city collection. I have sat on that on a regular basis at my daughter's house. I also like September. The Austin could be considered because of comfort. It definitely does not have the look I like so well in the City and September, though. We are 66 and retired with plans to use this furniture daily with grandchildren and small dog. We notice daily our aches and pains and joints.

Do I want ultra down backs and seats? Or should the seats be down spring?

What styles of recliner go with September and City sofas? Guide me to any other groups that you think I might have overlooked.

I will be wanting a price quote soon.

Default Re: H and M decisions decisions....

If you are going to go with the City series and use the smaller frame (9840), then that is part of the Married Cover Town and Country Program in Cavalier Mocha (assuming you like that leather) so it really makes sense from a budget standpoint to order that one. It will save quite a bit of money over going into the main handles. Cavalier does have some sheen to it, however.

For a matte finish, to stay in GR 2 and Serviceability 2, the only series that meets that criteria is Caress. Keep in mind that is a monochromatic leather, however and does not have high/low tones to it.

City comes in two sizes, the 9840 and 9844. The September 9847 is larger and heavier, both physically and in appearance. The 9844 City is the one to compare to the September, not the smaller 9840 model. Don't rule out the Kodiak, as it has the look of the City series with the comfort of the Austin (or nearly so).

We almost never put Spring down in leather, the preferred upgrade core is Ultra-Down as it hold shape better. That's strictly personal preference to get a down-type core of stay with standard.

There are a number of recliners compatible in style with City and September. Browse the H&M website and look at the various roll arm models.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

makingtomorrow Guest

Thank you so much for your information. I DO like the Kodiak.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...?productid=982

I actually like this color. Can you help me on the leather color? I would like a quote on the Kodiak with ultra down back and seats as well as the city with ultra down seats and back.

Does a monochromatic look of the caress make it less rich looking in your personal opinion?

Would I pick the leg color with the Kodiak or does it come with color legs as in picture?
    Is the back loose or attached?

makingtomorrow Guest

Oh, and I am interested in the 9840 City series to compare with the Kodiak.