Thread: Hancock and Moore custom fabric

gkholdridge Guest

Default Hancock and Moore custom fabric

I love my H&M sofa and loveseat from The Keeping Room and would like to consider a chair with ottoman to replace an old Century one. I like a fabric from Stickley. Does H&M allow customers to provide their own fabric for a style and if so how is it arranged and what additional costs are involved? Is it worthwhile?

Thanks

Riddle Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore custom fabric

Yes, H&M will allow Customer's Own Materials (COM). As with all companies, there are extra charges to do that. Seems like it should be cheaper since you're providing the fabric, but that's not the case. Duane once posted a fairly long discussion explaining how the process differs from the normal manufacturing process and why it costs more. Alas, I can't find the post. I did fine his post about a less expensive option if you are open to other fabrics. H&M will allow fabrics from the other companies they own without the COM fees.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...light=material

gkholdridge Guest

Thank you for the tip. I will definitely look up Taylor King fabrics. I don't believe Stickley actually makes their fabrics but I cannot seem to find out who does. Perhaps Taylor King will have a similar fabric to choose. I appreciate your quick response and didn't expect one until next week. Happy Easter or Passover

Yes, you can do a COM (Customer's Own Material) with H&M and most any other maker. At H&M, it goes at a "B" fabric grade price in most all the frames. its just a matter of buying the fabric and then sending it to them, with direction of how you want it applied or you can specify 'factory discretion' if you prefer.

No furniture maker makes their own fabrics - they buy from mills all over the world. And they won't tell you where the source mill is on any of their materials, you have to buy it from a Stickley dealer.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.