Doug,
I am in the market for a desk and have been doing a lot of research. The one that I like the most is the Kittinger T-432, or something of decent quality of the style. As is the case with most my issue is the price. My budget is in the $2 - 3,000 range. I found one that a well known Kittinger Dealer near Philly has for slightly over $5,000. Is that a fair price? I know that Councill has a very similar style that is much too expensive new and I haven't been able to find any used so I'm not sure of the re-sale price. Is it possible to find one of either in the $2-3,000 range or am I just wasting time?

How was the quality of some of the US brands before they were made off shore? We have about 10 - 12 pieces of domestically made Thomasvile (early 90's) that are in good shape after 20 years and show no signs of deterioration. Would a Hekman from 1998 have been made domestically? Are there other brands that I should consider?

I really don't want to buy something that was not made in the US so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Denis