Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy a Royal Pedic !!!

Bothfeetin Guest

Default Buy a Royal Pedic !!!

My wife and I just received our new king size Royal Pedic mattress from The Keeping Room and all I can say is WOW!!!
    The Royal Pedic is an absolutely amazing mattress that provides instant results, and the best night sleep you’ve ever had.
    We really didn’t realize how bad our old mattress was until we slept on our new Royal Pedic.
    We shopped and tried out a zillion mattresses but ultimately decided on the Royal Pedic because of the amazing firm comfort and super high quality all cotton construction.
    Buy a Royal Pedic and you will not be disappointed.

Scott...

Default Re: Buy a Royal Pedic !!!

Thanks Scott! I got a big kick out of your wife when she said "Thank you -thank you - thank you for convincing us to buy this bed" after sleeping on it for a few nights.

I know it was more expensive than originally budgeted - and I wish they cost less, but they use premium materials and those raw goods are just flat out costly for Royal Pedic to produce. On the uptick side of all that, you will find these will give roughly double the life span of conventional bedding (Serta/Simmons/Sealy/ etc) while not degrading during the product's useful life. Its the only bedding line I carry - and its what I sleep on, too.

Be careful when you rotate that king mattress - its about twice the weight of what you had before!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

At least twice the weight....

You should see my delivery guy's faces when I tell them they have a Royal Pedic to deliver. First think they ask : "Is it a King?" If I say "Why yes it is", then I have to bribe them with a free lunch to keep them from leaving for the day. The very hardest delivery we do is a Royal Pedic King Size mattress - we call it the "Heartbreaker", and the guys earn their pay on those. Last one I delivered personally was about 5 years ago and I hope I never have to take another one up a staircase.
    Duane Collie

Vegas Guest

In the next year or so a mattress will be on our purchase list. We have a long steep staircase, but easy access to the master bedroom. Would the latex mattress be less heavy than the cotton, in king? One feature that would be important is the no roll effect of a mattress. The non-distrubance feature of the tempurpedic mattress is a major selling point. Other members of our family have the Tempurpedic mattresses and love them, but I could not stand to have a hot mattress. Getting to sleep is hard enough without adding that too warm effect. I'm not sure I would care for the sink-in feeling of an all foam mattress either.

Judyg951 Guest

I didin't like the warm effect of the Tempurpedic either. Slept on one at a friends condo and hated it. We have a Kluft mattress and it is probably pretty close to a Royal Pedic in cost and it a wonderful bed. When ever we get back from a trip it's like heaven to get back into our own bed.

They're both heavy in a King Size. No fun to carry them at all. You will be likely to get less roll from a latex than an inner spring mattress, but they do feel and sleep differently!
    Duane Collie

parsons4rj Guest

Default Kluft prelude ls plush

Hi, I'm the sad owner of a Kluft. First mattress within two months grew a HUMP between my husband and I. Bloomingdales Tri-County deemed it defected. Also the sides broke down. They delivered a second mattress not plush at all hard as a rock. Not the first we picked out. We are so uncomfortable! Within a month we are developing a HUMP as well as it being very firm. So we went back to Bloomies the salesman said to try to get notherfor the comfort reason. They will swap since this is my first comfort issue. But what happens after that? We are so disappointed with Kluft. We always has a queen with know HUMPS. Not the box springs at $715.00 both are defected and we will get knew ones that I have on hold. Please help me to figue this out. At Bloomies Shiftman Exquisite plush $9800.00 to much for us. We spent $5000.00 on Kluft 1/2 price that was a dissapointment.

Thanks for your help!
    Rose

Bloomingdale's is very liberal with returns, and that is why they are priced so high. It's against the law in every state to re-sell bedding once its been delivered, so they have to dispose of all returned sets and that is built into the price structure. At my store, you cannot return a mattress if displeased with it, however I sell the similar Royal-Pedic at about 1/3 the price of the Shifman Master's at Bloomies. At this point my recommendation is to step up to the Shifman - they make a very solid, well-engineered bed that gets very, very few complaints. Since you are already into Bloomies for $ 5K, just add some and go to Shifman. They do have several model lines so you should be able to get one for less than $ 9,800 - but try to stay in their Master's collection if you can as that is their top build spec. Good luck!
    Duane Collie

parsons4rj Guest

Thank you! So Shifman is a step up? Wow I do like that you can flip the mattress if a Hump should develop. Again, thank you!