Hi. My husband and I have investigated a LOT of mattresses. We have whittled our choice between two very good mattresses. One is a Vi Spring entry level mattress that costs a ridiculous $7k and the other is the Shifman "Monet" bed for $4.5k, which is part of their master collection and is a beautiful bed as well although we don't feel that it gives us quit as much support as the Vi Spring. (The firmer Shifman is too hard for me.) Yesterday we were all set to purchase the Shifman bed until we went to the other store and laid on the Vi Spring. Ugh. Now we're confused again and can't decide.
Also, the coil count concerns me on the Shifman. I read that a king size bed should have no less then 400 coils and the Shifman king has 368 13.5 gauge coils, 3 layers of cotton and 1"latex. The Shifman Monet has double offset, staggered, high profile coils. The Vi-Spring has over 1,000 individually pocketed coils and as many again in the foundation.
Does anyone have any recommendations for us? Should we just put the Vi Spring out of our minds and go with the Shifman? Do they really last a long time? The Vi Springs are supposed to last a lifetime - whatever that means. Or should we consider the firmer Shifman and put a topper on it for my comfort?
P.S. There are no Royal Pedic mattresses for us to try in our area or we would have been confused by those as well:]