Thread: Hancock and Moore 4691 Author Chair and Ottoman Hyde Park Tan Light Burnishing

artielange Guest

Default Hancock and Moore 4691 Author Chair and Ottoman Hyde Park Tan Light Burnishing

Hyde Park Tan Light Burnishing
    Wood Finish: Nutmeg
    Nail Trim: G & H as shown in catalog

Asking for the *Light Burnishing* is key to my happiness with this leather. It looks slightly distressed, but is still extremely soft, and has a great old bomber jacket quality. I am having difficulty getting the proper color in the pictures; the outdoor photo of the cushion is most representative. Love love love this chair. So comfy and perfect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hyde Park Tan Author3.JPG 
Views:	2396 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	4644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hyde Park Tan Author2.JPG 
Views:	1255 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	4645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hyde Park Tan Author.JPG 
Views:	1294 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	4646

erinn Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore 4691 Author Chair and Ottoman Hyde Park Tan Light Burnishing

Nice color choices

Which one do you sit in more the Capri or the burnished leather?

I'm considering following in your foot steps and ordering the Leslie sofa in Capri Harness and the Leslie chair in Weston Cane Burnished.

artielange Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore 4691 Author Chair and Ottoman Hyde Park Tan Light Burnishing

The form of the chair sort of dictates which one I sit in. The Author chair is more of a 'settle in and stay' chair, whereas the Cross Moore in Capri is an easy in/out. It's hard to say which one I'd choose. They're different. The Capri is luxurious and warm. I love the matte finish. The Hyde Park Tan with light burnishing is a more distressed look with a very slight gloss and a slight squeak to the seams where the leather rubs. I love them both, and they are outstanding together. The amount of high/low in the leathers work well together.

Both the Author and the Cross Moore are our top choices for armchairs. After your review and experience, they're still top of our list. Love, love, love your choice of furniture and leather.

erinn Guest

[IMG][/IMG]Artielage, How did you did you go about determining the right amount of burnishing you wanted? Did H&M send you a light vs regular sample of Hyde Park Tan before they finished the piece? Did your sample differ greatly from the actual finished piece?

I saw the below sofa at the place I order my rug from (also pictured). The Hyde Park Tan looked perfect with my rug. The problem is, the sample H&M sent me of Hyde Park Tan is so different than the piece I saw. The color is very muddy looking. So now my dilemma is, do I order the pieces with regular Hyde park Tan or do I ask for light. Duane do you think the sofa below has a light burnishing or normal? How do I ensure the sofa doesn't turn out like the ugly sample I have? How do I pick a wood to coordinate with the leather if I don't have an accurate sample?

Last edited by erinn; 06-03-2013 at 07:20 PM.

That's the thing with burnished leathers, they are not accurate to samples, and each one is unique. They don't send out 'choices' but if you really like a particular hide you can request the same sample with a light or very light burnish and see what comes through on the second go around.

All these burnished leathers are Italian, and the Italians make some great leathers but they don't care one whit about color or product consistency, they're all over the board with each leather batch. I think you will make yourself crazy if you try to drill down to a specific color tone with a burnished leather - its better to take it as it comes and enjoy the product as they make it.

Woods are easy. "Mesa" with most burnished leathers!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

artielange Guest

Prior experience with burnished leathers taught me that I prefer a light hand on the burnishing. 'Not quite enough' is definitely better than 'Oops, more than I prefer.' I have an Imperial Whiskey Burnished bench that shows more brush marks and paint over the nails than I like. Since you are at the mercy of the person doing the burnishing, I am more comfortable asking for less. This Hyde Park Tan Lightly Burnished came out perfectly and I love the vintage look and feel of the hides. I do find that it is very difficult to photograph and is not conveying what it truly looks like. I love it. BTW, I cannot see your attachment.

erinn Guest

The problem is this sample just seems off. In the pictures on the forum, you can tell the Hyde Park Tan has a nice golden tone to it. The sample I have has a muddy gray tint. You know what, it just dawned on me, maybe I just need to clean it. Perhaps it is dirt. LOL I let you know when I get home.

erinn Guest

Clean it and it didn't do anything. It has a permanent "dirt" look to it. Please so send me the sample with the light burnishing to compare.

You cannot order a customized "light" sample without first placing a furniture order and going through the CFA process, sorry!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.