Thread: Need help choosing new furniture

Tsan731 Guest

Default Need help choosing new furniture

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and have been reading and learning so much. I am looking for new quality furniture to replace our current Broyhill sectional. I'm not sure if I should go with the same layout that I have now which is a sectional that consists of love seat, wedge, love seat and chaise. I feel our current set up works for us and fits the room but I am not opposed to changing things up.
    You will see that the current sectional is red, this is the final piece of red that will be finding its way out of the room, along with the rug. We purchased the current sectional about 7 yrs ago and bought based on looks and didn't know what I know now, thanks to this forum.

I am impressed with Hancock and Moore and would love the input from this forum. Like the looks of the Sundance, September and Charter sectionals. I keep leaning toward another sectional but I wonder if I should eliminate the chaise and add a stationary chair. I also want to use an ottoman as coffee table in the room. Pictures of the room are attached and I truly appreciate any help you can offer!
    Thanks, Toni.

Dimensions of current sectional
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	4672

Various pics of our room
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	380 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	4673Click image for larger version. 

Views:	373 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	4674Click image for larger version. 

Views:	373 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	4675
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	365 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	4676  

MJM_CA Guest

Default Re: Need help choosing new furniture

The September sectional I believe only comes in the left arm quarter/right arm quarter (LAQ/RAQ) sections as shown on the H&M website. It'll be smaller than your current sectional - only 104" x 104".

Charter is similar to September but does have a separate corner wedge option which may increase the size.
    Sundance has more options and will be more in keeping to your current size sectional.

If you prefer a large leather sectional, Bradington Young provides more layout options than H&M.

I like the idea of smaller sectional paired with a recliner or secondary chair and ottoman. You can upholster the chair/recliner/ottoman in a complementary leather. This also helps break up the furniture and adds interest.

Tsan731 Guest

Thanks for the info. I looked at BY and like you said there are options that will work for us, but how is the quality in comparison to H & M? Are the frames even comparable in quality?

Just to be clear, H & M doesn't offer armless pieces that can be inserted to lengthen the sectional? I think I have been sold on H & M quality, but if doesn't fit our size needs then sadly H & M can't be an option for me.

Tsan731 Guest

Also, another question.... Is it an option at BY to have nail head trim on the back of the sectional?

B-Y uses plywood ("engineered hardwood") on their frames, Hancock & Moore is solid maple. BIG DIFFERENCE. Also, there is a large price difference between the two. No question H&M makes the superior piece, but it will cost 30% more on average. BY can sometimes add nails, would have to check on a specific frame.

I'm not a big fan of a built-in chaise myself, it limits the layout options and creates a walk-around that never goes away.

For your room, you are on the verge of having too much sectional in the space. Think a little smaller. I think the Sundance in L/S - L/S would be perfect in there, and it will have added height over what you now have so its going to fill the space visually.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Tsan731 Guest

Duane, thank you for your reply. Yesterday I emailed to sales@keepingroom.com with a pricing request. I agree with you about the built in chaise! At your convenience, please let me know the pricing for the furniture. I requested pricing on the H & M, Sundance and two B-Y configurations.

After reading your reply again, are you suggesting the Sundance love seat sectional? If so, would you mind including the pricing for that as well? Thank you for our help!
    Toni

Price requests require a specific leather and city/zip code where shipping to. I won't do all the grades of leather for pieces, it takes far to long to manually figure them all up and type them out. Sorry.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Tsan731 Guest

I live in Houma, LA and the zip code is 70360.

For the H & M, can u price with Class 2 Protected, Aspen Saddle
    For the B & Y, Bentley Place Collection, Chateau Walnut, 9058-88

Thank You

Tsan731 Guest

Duane, did you receive the email I sent to your sales email address? If not, I can post them here.