Thread: promised sale price on vanguard chair local seattle dealer.

karlos Guest

Default promised sale price on vanguard chair local seattle dealer.

http://www.vanguardfurniture.com/Vanguard-Chair/V695CH
    -0/ItemInformation.aspx Here is a good one I found this fabric chair for 1700.00 by vanguard furn. at a local Masin store that sells H@M etc... sales lady said 30 % off on all furniture the color looked good with my Kodiak sofa from Duane.so we debated this chair as I have not seen this style anywhere? She said it would be 33% may 1st . A few days later we called and put it on hold with 50% down as the assistant manager said wait till may 1st and you will get sale price. so today I call sales lady and she said 33% sale does not apply it is 25% now. but she would honor the 30% and i was lucky to get that but if I bought one more piece they would see what they can do as 35% would APPLY TO THAT. i REMINDED HER i BOUGHT a Bruno LEATHER TOPPED END TABLE 2 WEEKS AGO AND WAS TOLD TOO BAD. with quite the rude tone the whole time. left a message for manager but have not heard back. What would you do? anyone seen this style or heard about vanguard. about to cancel purchase as feel was promised 33 1/3 now back to 30% with the smart ass tone behind it.???? PS. my stampede harness Idaho Lounger is coming Duane ...

Riddle Guest

Default Re: promised sale price on vanguard chair local seattle dealer.

I absolutely would not buy any additional pieces from them. I have very low tolerance for "attitude" and game-playing about money. The difference in 33% and 30% of $1700 is about $51. What does that say about these folks that they are quibbling over such a small amount? If you decide to try to get your deposit back, be prepared for a fight unless you have something is writing that says deposits are refundable.

zheng Guest

agree with above. I will never buy from them no matter how good their sale will be. If they are not even honest in the sell, you can't rely on them for any after sale service.

karlos Guest

Thanks for the advice. On the end table we bought for30% off had some scrathes on it the legs and sales lady said what do you expect for this price. I wanted to walk then with that attitude. But bought it because the top leather worked great with my antelope harness sofa. and it takes forever to find something thats says buy it now... unless it is leather furniture from Duane.

Bypass the sales person AND the Asst Manager and go to the store owner or the general manager. They're not going to lose you as a customer over something as trivial as that. You're just get mixed signals from the ones that dont' make the decisions in the store is all.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.