Thread: Broyhill - not a good brand?

netak Guest

Default Broyhill - not a good brand?

Hi guys. Brand new here and hoping I can gain some insight. I am looking to purchase family room furniture for a house we recently bought. I liked and planned on buying Broyhills "Larissa". Then I went around to a couple other furniture shops and both (owned by different people) said they don't carry Broyhill because the quality has gone down and there's problems with the warehouse/manufacturing. I don't want to buy something that is going to look old and worn or have problems within a few years. Can anyone opine on the quality of Broyhill?

Both places have recommended Lane, but in googling I found that Lane appears to be on par with Broyhill? Further online looking and I do like the Henredon Fireside, but I'm unsure if it will fit in the budget. I've seen online pricing vary wildly and I will probably have to visit a store that sells it to see what price I'm really looking at.

Any recommendations/insight would be welcomed. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg because we have other house expenses, however I don't want to go too cheap and regret it within a few years. I feel like I'm back to square one in my furniture search. Any info is greatly appreciated! In the meantime, I'll lurk around a little more to see what info I can find on these boards. Thanks!

Default Re: Broyhill - not a good brand?

Broyhill is not a top brand, nor is Lane. Not sure how much 'an arm and a leg' translates into dollars nor what what specific pieces you are looking for (Sofa, Chair, ottoman, etc)., but for the most part the old adage 'you get what you pay for' rings true on upholstery. Different dealers sell at different margin levels, however.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

netak Guest

Thank you for your quick reply. Originally I wanted to stay within $2k. I am now *hoping* to stay within $3k for a sofa and loveseat.

You can get into a high quality Taylor King sofa / loveseat for pretty close to $ 3K (perhaps a little more) that is USA made and top of the line construction if you buy in the entry level grade fabrics (Tier 1) in their PORTFOLIO collection. At the $ 2K level, you will be in rather poorly made Chinese pieces for a sofa/loveseat.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.