Thread: Tall homeschooling family looking for sofa and chair(s)

samantha_r_l Guest

Default Tall homeschooling family looking for sofa and chair(s)

Hello all! I’m new here, and so glad to have found this site! I hope that after I explain our situation, you can make a great recommendation for me.

We are a homeschooling family of four children, ages 3, 5, 7, and 9. Since we do school at home, we are at home all day, every day, so our furniture gets a TON of wear and tear. A lot of our schooling is done on the couch (four kids and a mom crammed together reading books). We are currently building a home with a little more room to accommodate a growing homeschooling family, and at the moment, I don’t have a single piece of furniture for the new living room.

I am looking for a few pieces to last the duration of raising the kids. We’re not a wealthy family by any means, but I’m willing to save longer for a piece of furniture that will last as my kids grow and leave the nest.

We are on the taller side (husband, 6’4, 210lbs; me, 5’9, 155lbs). Folks have told me that leather will last four times as fabric, and it seems that Hancock and Moore may be our best bet (although I would like your input on this, as well.). With so many sofas to choose from, I’m not for sure where to start narrowing down the list. I had the opportunity to sit on the Settlement, and felt it way too big. That is my only experience. I’ve read some folks like the Kodiak, but again, I have no experience.

Here is a photo of model house of our new home (this is not our home, I simply give the photo to show how much room). The living room measures 15x13’9 so we're going to have to be strategic in the few pieces we choose. We'll keep the tables to a minimum, if any.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8056764059_3d47997b59.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	4976

I'd like to have a good sized sofa (not a sectional) with enough room for the four kids and I (as we're reading), with a leather quality that will stand up to the wear and tear of a homeschooling family. I've read about the Town and Country program, but after readying what others have said, feel that maybe we should be willing to spend to have other leather options. I'd also like advice on good reclining chair for my tall husband.

Thank you all so much for any assistance you can give me!

Samantha

Default Re: Tall homeschooling family looking for sofa and chair(s)

Answered via phone call. I know you are new here, and it works better if you don't overwhelm me with requests by posting, then a PM, and then a phone call all in a space of 4 hours all on the same topic. I am only a 1-man operation and it takes me time to get to replies which I can usually answer in 24 hours to most posts. Please be patient as I can't always get to things as soon as you may expect....but I will get to them usually in a 24 hour period during the week, and 48 hours for ones that come in on Sundays. Thanks.
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-08-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.