Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshmallow Sofa Anyone?

juraszek park Guest

Default Marshmallow Sofa Anyone?

Hello, found this site and love it, especially the honest sharing of posters. I'm searching for a soft, "give you a hug" type of sofa for the long haul. Most sofas I've found (especially the leather ones), are just way too boxy and hard. I want a sofa with sloped arms (hello! I want to lean to one side with my legs tucked under me to watch a movie!), and and a soft (tufted I guess) back that doesn't come up too high - and over my head. That drives me crazy. So, any opinions out there? Need your help and feedback. I have narrowed it down to an H&M Bovey Apartment sofa at this point in time.

NO short arm sofas, please. And I need the top of the seat to be at LEAST 20 inches tall, none of those retro style low-slung sofas for me.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Lisa

hglaber Guest

Default Re: Marshmallow Sofa Anyone?

That's also a pretty good description of the Sanctuary sofa, although it's a beast - 91" wide.

juraszek park Guest

Yup, at 91", that would be a tight squeeze in all spaces except the McMansion homes. And the Bovey is 2 inches DEEPER which makes for better napping and curling up in a ball. I prefer a deeper, but shorter sofa. Most sofas with three seats never have the middle seat used anyway. For most older folks and those without children, you are better off getting a two seater sofa. Less welting to poke you and more comfy on the bottom. A lot of the people I work with are downsizing and going with a smaller sofa due to not ever using the middle seat and it takes up valuable floor space.

artielange Guest

The Sanctuary sofa definitely does not dominate a room with it's proportions. Although it is 91" overall, the inside width is only 62.5 and it's single cushion design means that you can sit anywhere with comfort instead of in one of the more limiting, specific cushions. Lastly, the rolling arms are extremely comfortable as headrests/pillows.

juraszek park Guest

I'm sure the Sanctuary is a comfortable sofa, but IMHO, it could use a few little tweaks "looks" wise. A dipped back would have been better and the legs are just ugly to me. I completely agree though that rolling arms are the only way to go with a sofa. The H&M Fairfax we have is 20 years old and so comfortable, even sitting on the back or the arms, it's extremely comfortable! Does anyone know if you can order the Bovey with a single cushion?

The Bovey is not a snuggle up sofa in my opinion. It is a GREAT looking piece, but its not what you want based on your description. I think this would be my first choice to recommend - I have tried this out and its without peer as a corner-snuggler:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1890

Others:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2231

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2271

Yes, you can get a Bovey with a single cushion - you will pay and upcharge for it and it will have a seam in the middle with a slight depression at the seam.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Duane the #4845 ENVELOPE I bought from you about 4 years ago with the seat cushion modified to a single cushion is a beautiful sofa that would fill the request for both the lady that needed a large sofa for home schooling and cozy comfy naps for JURASZEK PARK. It is used everyday and looks as good as the day SUN DELIVERY carried it into the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSSQRDAWAY View Post
    Duane the #4845 ENVELOPE I bought from you about 4 years ago with the seat cushion modified to a single cushion is a beautiful sofa that would fill the request for both the lady that needed a large sofa for home schooling and cozy comfy naps for JURASZEK PARK. It is used everyday and looks as good as the day SUN DELIVERY carried it into the living room.
    I agree! That's why that's my # 1 choice for this thread. If folks could see how elegant AND comfortable this piece is, they would put it closer to the top of their radar. Photos don't do it justice.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Why the 1 cushion modification?

MADEINUSA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MRSSQRDAWAY View Post
    do you mind posting a picture of the 4845 envelope with single cushion.I am considering buying this and a little apprehensive of its size.thanks