Thread: Need a place to sleep

edp01170 Guest

Default Need a place to sleep

Hello Duane,

Jeff at Simplicity Sofas Referred you to me. He told me you might be able to help me with my quite odd situation. My situation is as follows.

Two years ago I had terrible back trouble from sleeping on beds. Because I constently sleep on my side, it was suggested to me by my doctor to try sleeping on my sofa because of the support of the back of the sofa supporting my spine. This actually worked wonders and i have been sleeping on my sofa ever since. Unfortunately, my sofa is a very inexpensive cheaply built model and is now falling apart. I've been looking online for sofas because I live 100miles from anywhere. I found some good sofa manufacturers like drexel heritage but they dont sell online and the closest dealer to me is 130 miles away. I was wordering if i could get some advice from you for a good online manufacturer that has highend quality frabrics that can handle heavy wear plus has a construction that can also handle heavy wear. I would like to be able to get a sofa that is long enough so that when i lay down on it my feet and head don't touch the arms on either side. I'm 6' tall. Also i would need to be able to purchase this sofa online so i can have it shipped to my home.

Thanks you for your consideration.

Best Regards,
    Ed

Default Re: Need a place to sleep

Hi Ed,

A lot depends on your budget - what is your price range? And from the sounds of it, you really should try to find one you can try out personally to avoid disappointment from an on-line purchase that you were not able to "test drive". If you want a complete lay-down without touching either arms, you'll want 74" inside width, and that will make for a long sofa - in the 100" range.

Good luck in your search.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.