Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lynne Sofa (5438) in Tiburon Butternut

Default Re: Lynne Sofa (5438) in Tiburon Butternut

All the pieces turned out great, but the sofa is my favorite. I actually like the deeper tone of the TB you got bc you can really see the color variation from the pull-up effect. Also, it provides more contrast to the wall color which is probably a good thing. And bonus - the couch looks super comfortable. I'm sure you're enjoying it immensely

Gatsby Guest

Wow! The color difference from the swatch and the actual sofa seems way more than 20% ~ more like 50% on my screen. Bottom line is that you are happy and that is the most important thing. That scratch will become a memory as you enjoy years of lounging comfort on furniture that will last a long time. Enjoy your beautiful furniture!

crunchysue Guest

I agree, dcgator - the color is beautiful and actually more interesting than the swatch. And in my book, "interesting" is a compliment of the highest order!

Gatsby - yes, the two colors are grossly different. And the point of the scratch story is a) it was funny, and b) only the waxy top coat was scratched, and because the wax redistributes itself over time, that scratch is not a scratch anymore.

Yes, color accuracy becomes more an issue with aniline hides and pull-up ones in particular. And Burnished hides are off the charts in term if variance to the swatches, which is why you see all the disclaimers on the back of the swatches that no one reads! The only stable colors in leather are the finished (or painted, or 'protected') ones, as you can reasonably control the paint color via paint formula. We have a saying in the business, "If you want accuracy to the swatches, buy vinyl!"

Sue, you have the right way to approach it, enjoy the variance and the subtleties of the finer leathers. They are more like portraits then photographs, each has it own nuances. Nothing to me is more boring than a painted leather....blah.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

fdmason Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Yes, color accuracy becomes more an issue with aniline hides and pull-up ones in particular. And Burnished hides are off the charts in term if variance to the swatches, which is why you see all the disclaimers on the back of the swatches that no one reads! The only stable colors in leather are the finished (or painted, or 'protected') ones, as you can reasonably control the paint color via paint formula. We have a saying in the business, "If you want accuracy to the swatches, buy vinyl!"

Sue, you have the right way to approach it, enjoy the variance and the subtleties of the finer leathers. They are more like portraits then photographs, each has it own nuances. Nothing to me is more boring than a painted leather....blah.
    I ran into the same thing with my chair. The swatch I got for Capri Tobacco was much darker and uniform in color then I received. I actually expected this to a degree because every piece I've seen in Tobacco has had more of a color variation with some effects here and there. I'm actually very happy it came a touch lighter. Also, I had my gimp in Capri Harness, and it's actually a tad darker then other items i've seen. It's actually a perfect complement which leads me to believe the craftsman that worked on it chose that specifically to match since I wouldnt think leather for a gimp isn't cut from it's own personal hide.

Daisymarie18 Guest

Crunchysue! It's stunning!!!! I'm in love with that leather...I actually like the sofa better than the swatch! The chair is fabulous as well...I know you must be thrilled!

crunchysue Guest

I sure am thrilled, Daisy! And I can't even explain how ... "quality" the cushions feel. They're like nothing I've ever sat on! They feel like almost but not quite like memory foam. If everyone could come over to my house and see and sit on this couch, I bet Duane's sales would double!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    Crunchysue! It's stunning!!!! I'm in love with that leather...I actually like the sofa better than the swatch! The chair is fabulous as well...I know you must be thrilled!

crunchysue Guest

UPDATE JANUARY, 2015

I've been asked to post pictures of my couch again, now that it's two years old. Wow, has it really been two years? I guess so. Anyway, please excuse the cell phone pics - no time for a real photo shoot these days. A little info: two adults, one old dog, and one puppy sit on this couch a lot. Two of us eat dinner on this couch most nights. Food gets spilled routinely. The old dog peed on it this morning. So far I've only cleaned it once (sshhhh, don't tell Duane that), a year and a half ago. It has character now, but no damage at all. The only thing I would do differently if I had it to do over, is that I would get the stiffer cushions because mine seem a little saggy now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whole_couch_small.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	6843

Name:	couch_closeup_small.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	6844

Name:	flojo_small.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	6845

Wow ...Who couldn't fall in love with that puppy and couch photo? If thats a cell phone photo throw your real camera away! The leather choice was absolutely fabulous, particularly in that it differed from the swatch to the point of matching the bomber jacket everyone has wanted at some point in their life. Don't worry about any extra sag in the cushions as there is a very easy remedy should you ever decide to take advantage of the manufacturer's dedication to customer delight.

Give those cushion cores a fluff-up. If that right side seat doesn't come up and continues to remain depressed, ping me and we will get you new replacements free of charge.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.