Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradington Young reclining mechanism

jasco999 Guest

Default Re: Bradington Young reclining mechanism

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Sometimes a piece is just used up and its time for a new one. That's my diagnosis on your recliner.

However, it is covered under warranty and its likely that Bradington Young WILL replace the frame for you, but that's not without it's caveats. First of all, you would have to transport it to Hickory NC and also pay to have it return shipped (wherever that may be). At $ 250 or so per trip, that's $ 500 worth of shipping unless you are close enough to take it there yourself. Secondly, your leather is torn on the side. The warranty will not cover that and they will charge you for new leather - plus there is a chance they can't match that panel. In the end, you could wind up spending just as much as you would for a new one, or close to it.

Here's the solution for moving the recliner. When you get your new one, buy a set of these and keep them under the chair legs (remove the small plastic ones that come on the chair). These glides are unobtrusive and you can move the recliner with one hand - no stress on the frame:

http://www.toolking.com/shepherd-945...FUWd4AodqW0AGw
    Dear Duane,
    Who was right about the cause of the damage me or my wife? You can supply me with a new one right? I understand they have a sale on model 4115 (domestic) in Brown and Burgundy please email me a quote delivered to Long Island, NY zip 11507, to jcohen@mfunding.com

Thank you.
    J

HA! No way I'm stepping into THAT ring of fire for who is at fault the chair has self-destructed.! I didn't survive this long taking sides on topics like that.

Yes, getting one to NY is easy, but BY never had factory sales, so that's something the store makes up. Price depends on the leather selected and goes from $ 927 in Married Cover leather 9859 series to $ 1,665 in GR 5 Grafton series. Sun Delivery will charge appx $ 220 to delivery to you.

Thanks!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Cheryll Guest

From reading this forum, looks like there is hope for my chair. I have a pair of BY large wing back leather recliners, which I purchased around 1996. They both still look good, but now one is fully reclined and it will not sit in an upright position. The back initially started not staying up fully, but now it is fully reclined and won't stay up at all. I assume the reclining mechanism needs replacing. A furniture repair person has been trying to contact BY to order a new mechanism (I took numerous photos and numbers from the mechanism and chair), but he says they won't get back with him. He had given up on it. Any ideas how I could proceed?

Yes - your mechanism is shot when that happens. You have to go through a dealer to order, you can't buy direct from BY. First step is to determine your model so we can get the right mechanism. If you don't know it, then post photos of it here and perhaps I can identify it. Once we know the model, I can get a price assuming they still have the parts for yours. Expect to pay $ 150 or so for the mechanism, plus shipping.

Thanks
    Duane Collie

mike4010 Guest

Hi Duane,

My name is Mike and I live in Minnesota. I am in the market for a quality leather recliner. I bought the Barcalounger longhornII recently and do not like it- will be selling it. It is just too "puffy" for me and does not seem substantial in weight etc.. I think I would have preferred the Barcalounger AshtonII but am now considering BY.... I fell in love the BY Seven Seas RC 178 but after reading this forum, I am not in the market for a lessor quality - chinese made inferior furniture which by what I am hearing is what I would get... Is the quality of Seven Seas inferior to Barcalounger?

I also like the BY Sadler and am wondering if it would be night and day compared to SS RC 178? I actually like the "look" of the RC178 better but that is beside the point I think..

Can you please comment on my understanding and let me know if I decide to go with the Sadler, can I buy it from you?

Thanks, Mike

The B-Y 3559 Sadler is all USA made with a mechanism by Universal (USA-made as well), whereas the Seven Seas product is 100 % done in China with a much less durable mechanism. They really are two different products. Barcalounger is not very well thought of, so the Seven Seas and them are probably on par.

Yes, I can ship B-Y anywhere in the USA.
    Duane Collie

mike4010 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The B-Y 3559 Sadler is all USA made with a mechanism by Universal (USA-made as well), whereas the Seven Seas product is 100 % done in China with a much less durable mechanism. They really are two different products. Barcalounger is not very well thought of, so the Seven Seas and them are probably on par.

Yes, I can ship B-Y anywhere in the USA.
    Thanks Duane,

Can I please get a quote for the B-Y Sadler in the following leather:

Name: Baldwin Cuero
    Leather: 9054
    Color: 86
    Collection: Jullian Harbour Collection
    Grade: Grade 5
    Cleaning Code: Aniline
    Color Family: Brown

Thanks, Mike

PM sent
    Duane Collie

Suzanne Kostic Guest

I have a pair of BY recliners that are about 25 years old. One of them had something internal "snap", and one corner (of the four corners) of the seat is now seemingly without support. I found a bolt on the floor. It is black, stamped with the number 74, and apparently sheered off as it has ragged metal edges. It has a plastic bushing, also broken but not at the same place. Can this chair be repaired? Can we order the part and DYI? And can you give me more information about re-poofing the seat cushions?