Thread: Small, Contemporary Sectional?

lewes2 Guest

Default Small, Contemporary Sectional?

Hi Duane - Chuck P from Lewes here.

We just spent three days wondering around FurnitureLand South looking at leather sectionals - actually not all of them. We got hung up on a very contemporary Natuzzi but after reading reviews here and other web postings, we decided against it. Too bad, it is exactly the look my wife has always liked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nat_1770_700.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	6245

As it turns out, it won't begin to fit in our small den.

So then we wondered into to Classic Leather section and found another contemporary section we liked. After returning home, it turns out that the unit is too large for our space. <sigh>

What we need is a three piece sectional with a square corner and an overall length on the right side (facing the unit) of 108" and the left side 98 inches. The Classic Leather we like is actually a two piece with a curve corner but the overall lengths are 108 x 108. That extra ten inches doesn't sound like much but with the other furniture in the room, it's just too crowded.

So, long story short - Can anyone recommend a decent manufacturer (Not Chinese!) making smaller, contemporary sectionals in a grade 3 or 4 leather.

Thanks much!
    Last edited by lewes2; 05-11-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Correct title spelling

Default Re: Small, Contemporary Sectional?

There are two brothers in North Carolina that manufacture and sell quality American Made furniture (according to their words). They are online and are called, "Club Furniture". I have zero knowledge of how well the fulfill their stated specialty, but they may be worth an online look. I also remember there was a post on this Furniture Forum just a couple of weeks ago from someone who introduced himself as an Owner of a Furniture Company that specialized in Apartment-Size High Quality American Made Furniture, but unfortunately I cannot find the post. Could be that he was from this Club Furniture company.

Default Re: Small, Contemporary Sectional?

Hey Chuck,

It's the wider radius back and the pillow top arms that are pushing the dimensions on you, to get that space fit you'll have to go to a 'L-shape' 90 degree sectional and a track arm, then you can get a dimensional fit. Here's a couple that will work (they're not going to look the same) with along-the-way runs of around 93" or so.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2272 (use a loveseat segment on the left side, 2 seater)

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1965 (use a loveseat segment on the left side, 2 seater)

http://www.bradington-young.com/amer...#disqus_thread
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.