Thread: Questions on Ordering from The Keeping Room

Default Questions on Ordering from The Keeping Room

Sent to me via email, figured I would copy the answers here as well...

How much do you require for a first payment and when do you want the final payment?

20% down to order, balance put onto your credit card when it leaves the factory and goes to the delivery company.

Do you take credit card over the phone?

Yes, all the majors. You will be asked to sign and return an order form stating the terms of the order and authorizing a charge to your card. I also have in-house credit financing with 0% interest for 9 months, same as cash (credit approval required).

Do you check the product before it gets delivered?

No, it does not come to my store first.

If we some see issues/damages when we receive the couches, would we contact you? Have you had any experiences with issues upon delivery?

Damages are the responsibility of the delivery company, and you should refuse any damaged piece at time of delivery unless its something you feel you can touch-up yourself with some color, etc. Yes, there are damages from time to time, most are minor rub marks. There is no such thing as 100 % Damage Free. I would estimate it to be about 3% of all ships. We have not had a serious damage issue in many years, however (broken frames, torn cover, etc).

Also, if we have issues down the line, like seams coming apart, is that something hancock and Moore would take care of? How long is there warranty?

Warranty is lifetime on the piece, however that does not include the cover (either leather or fabric), those do not carry any kind of warranty. Warranty repairs do not include return shipping to the factory - which is at your expense. Sometimes it can be repaired locally and H&M will give you a repair allowance.

Could I get receipt and would that via normal mail?

Yes, I mail out a hard copy of your order and information sheet with every order.

How many weeks from purchase until delivery?

It depends on cover availability, which varies daily. If the cover is in stock, then the average build time is 5 to 6 weeks, and then 3 weeks transit time for most deliveries.

What are the different types of cushion options available?

You can read about these here:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Moore-Cushions
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Default Re: Questions on Ordering from The Keeping Room

Duane, do you still do the 0% for 9 months?

I discontinued that program about a year ago. It was expensive to maintain (monthly fees) and very few customers used it.

Right now, I would suggest you use PayPal. They have 6 months, 0% Percent on purchases over $ 99. And I can accept PayPal (cash/check discount of 3% does not apply to PayPal or Credit Card purchases).
    Duane Collie
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

I'd like to take advantage of the 3% discount but I am also worried that everything is going to shut down and I won't be able to buy anything at all if I wait much longer. It's good to know the option is there. I'm still milling it over. Might get on the agent again and see if we can get to closing quicker on our land. May 5th just seems like a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a done deal.

Well, even if I am forced by state mandate to close down to the publiec I can open by appointment only and my two delivery guys are good with doing what they do so we have no plans to stop local deliveries of product. I have N95 masks and Nitrile gloves we can use if needed.

I don't foresee issues from selling items I have on hand. And I have a LOT of stock. Another B-Y Sofa and two Recliners arrived this morning and there is no room to floor them in my store, I am 100% full, which is too bad, because they are new models I'd like to display. For now they have have to stay in the warehouse in boxes until floor space frees up.
    Duane Collie

I am counting down the days until I can take some of that stock off your hands! Thanks for being so accommodating.