Thread: McCalls rug & where to buy for good deal

debbimc Guest

Default McCalls rug & where to buy for good deal

I love McCalls rugs --is the dining room rug Capel ? Any suugestions on good purchases? I will spend no more than $2,000 on an 8x10 or 8x11 (would like to spend 1,600 or so) AND I want a wonderful rug for that money. What's wrong with that? LOL

debbimc Guest

forgot to say I do want hand knotted

$ 2,000 for a hand-knotted, wonderful rug? Better shop estate sales! Typical pricing on good rugs is running about $ 65 a square foot - and up. I can't even get a decent at dealer cost for anywhere near that $ 2,000 price in 8 x 10.

BTW, all the rugs on EBAY are junk, I've tried about a dozen there and everyone has had problems or over-represented.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

debbimc Guest

Wink

I will not buy from E bay--I have been disappointed with all purchases I have made there & gave that up a several years ago. What about Kalaty--one of our stores sells Kalaty, Momeni & Karasten. They have a very pretty 8X10 in Kalaty that is hand knotted for 2,300.

I have seen rugs at 1,800 to 2,400 that look good to me and I think will serve my needs. I am trying hard to stay on budget. Duane must know I have champagne tastes with beer pocketbook ( I believe my dad used to say that.) I have not made my mind up on sofa yet--it is so hard. I pray about my furniture lust! LOL

McCall Guest

Sorry not hand knotted. it is Sphinx Kharma
    http://www.rugs-direct.com/rugsdirec...olor_id=117916.

Now some six or more months later I am still very very happy with this rug.

Rafree1 Guest

Default Re: McCalls rug & where to buy for good deal

I second the estate sale idea. When my mother passed away she had invested in some seriously nice, expensive rugs. WAY too many of them for my home or my sisters home. I took what would work for me and we had to sell her house fast due to new owners wanting in so we had to let the rugs go way below their actual worth. I've seen some wonderful rugs go at auction around here too. Look around and you can find some very well made items when shopping for rugs at estate sales.