I've been searching for a few weeks now for my first good quality living room set. I've visited a few retailers and really haven't gotten a confident feeling leaving the store. I've run into limited floor selection, pushy staff, and not gotten the knowledge I was really seeking in order to make a confident purchase. Obviously I know for online retailers the The Keeping Room is a good place to start, but I wanted to get some basic information first.

The way I've typically set up my living room is with 2 full size stationary sofas. I am open to other setups if one makes more sense. Our typical use of the sofas is laying on them with the arm as a pillow. I've noticed (and there's probably a good reason) that in higher end manufacturer's the more casual pillow like arm is much more rare and instead more defined decorative arms are common. Is there an alternative setup for our room that would make more sense, or am I simply overlooking comfortable high-end sofas that would fit this usage. We have no children, the sofas do not receive any direct sunlight, and I follow care guidelines pretty meticulously. Our budget is not yet set, I can't go to the very high end, but am willing to pay for value and quality.

I'd greatly appreciate a push in the right direction, as I feel unappreciated in local stores, and overwhelmed online. Thanks!!