Thread: Kodiak Chairs - best color/value

Rick Barrett Guest

Default Kodiak Chairs - best color/value

Hello to all. I came across the forum and the wealth of information several weeks ago. What a great resource.

We need to replace a large promotional brand club chair that has worn completely thru on an arm. We have decided we want to buy 2 Kodiak chairs + 1 ottoman. We prefer darker brown, smooth, but very matte finished leathers. Does anyone have any leathers they particularly like meeting these qualities? There are so many choices...would love photos if you have them.

Duane, do you have any suggestions? I just saw information on the Town & Country program and see the chair is in the program. Are any of these leathers matte finished? Can we save a lot by compromising on the leather grade and using a document leather? Can any of the GR2 leathers be made less shiny?

These chairs look to sit higher, and have dimensions that fit well with the newly adopted loft/condo we have. I would appreciate if you could PM me a phone number so we could discuss and finalize an order in the next few days. Understand you may be on holiday if the factories are, if not give me a convenient time to contact you.

Default Re: Kodiak Chairs - best color/value

The promotional leather on the Kodiak series - Document - is going to have a sheen to it, sorry. Its the best price point, but probably won't give you what you are seeking. Most (but not all) matte finish hides are pure anilines, and that puts the in the higher price grades. Quintessence comes to mind, but that's a GR 4 and his going to hit your checkbook pretty hard. The only leather in GR 1 or 2 that is matte is one called Caress - and its a finished leather that originates from China. It's monochromatic, with virtually no special effects (high/low tones) to it, but it is super soft and there is no gloss to it. Jimmy Moore himself has Caress in the pieces in his house - and as you can imagine he can pretty much have anything he wants. Sheen is in the leather and you really cannot adjust it other than using steel wool on it, but that opens up a whole can of worms in and of itself.

I don't post prices in the public forum on H&M, but will PM you them for the Kodiak series so you can see the spread. Store phone is 703-360-6399. Thanks!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.