Thread: New to forum - looking for fabric sectional

lindsay1981 Guest

Default New to forum - looking for fabric sectional

Hello! I am new to this forum but have been stalking it for about a week looking at reviews/recommendations on furniture. My husband and I are looking for a fabric sectional for our great room. It is the main living area of our home. I have only ever purchased one other couch so I am not familiar with brands at all. We have two young children ages 2 and 3. I am looking for a comfortable couch that balances being decent to well made and reasonably priced. Our max budget is $3000.00. I realize that as you go down in price, quality and construction have to give somewhere so I am just trying to find a good balance. I don't expect to have this couch for 20 years but I don't want to replace it in a year either. I've looked at Rowe, Bassett, Smith Brothers, Flexsteel and Klaussner. I really like the Smith Brothers, but in the configuration we need, it is out of our budget. I also like the Flexsteel Thornton sectional quite a bit, but it doesn't seem very deep (at 37 inches) and I am fairly tall. I can not find any Bradington Young retailers in my area. What other brands should I consider? Any recommendations would be so appreciated!!

Default Re: New to forum - looking for fabric sectional

Smith Bros has a very good rep. Others are mainstream OK, but not exceptional. If you can find a dealer locally that carries Taylor King and can shop in their PORTFOLIO collection of sectionals, I think you will find that one of the best values in the industry for price/quality.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

lindsay1981 Guest

Default Re: New to forum - looking for fabric sectional

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Smith Bros has a very good rep. Others are mainstream OK, but not exceptional. If you can find a dealer locally that carries Taylor King and can shop in their PORTFOLIO collection of sectionals, I think you will find that one of the best values in the industry for price/quality.
    Thank you! I was hoping you would respond. No Taylor King in my area and Smith Bros. is out of budget. $4500.00 is the lowest I could find for the configuration I need and that is about $1500.00 over budget. Flexsteel is my runner up, but I'm also looking into Thomasville. Any thoughts on them? Equal in terms of quality?