Thread: New Sofa....debating debating

legallink Guest

Question New Sofa....debating debating

We are looking at getting a new sofa. We have a dog that goes on the couch and have been told that micro-fiber is better for dogs, as opposed to leather. Thoughts? We would love an H&M piece, but are not sure they have one similar to the style we like/want.

http://www.raymourflanigan.com/briar...200213609.aspx

Above is the sofa that we have sat on and liked, obviously if we could find a better one that we liked, we would get that. Keys are deep seat (I like to be able to snuggle with my DW while on the couch).

Duane, if you have suggestions about a piece that you think would fit and be comfortable, let me know!

Default Re: New Sofa....debating debating

I going to have to disagree that Microfiber is better for pets over leather, but its certainly less costly - that's a fact. Microfibers are nothing more than super-fine strands of polyester that are 1/100 the width of a human hair. That thinness makes it very hard for dirt to stick to it and so they are easy to clean. Leather has more durability from a wear aspect, and is not porous, so not dog hair or allergens can work beyond the cover like they can with any fabric. However, I would not really suggest buying leather if the main buy reason is for a pet - get leather or microfiber because YOU like it, and the leather will simply have a different texture, higher cost and longer wear lifespan. Good luck!

P.S. I don't like to do comfort recommendations as its subjective. What if you don't like what i recommended after you bought it?!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.