Thread: Duane, can you recommend a T&C leather?

TheGreatUnwashed Guest

Default Duane, can you recommend a T&C leather?

Duane,

I'm looking at the T&C leathers and am trying to decide which darkest brown which be the most resilient to a cat? While i don't anticipate my cat to be tearing away on the furniture (he seems appeased by his plethora of toys and scratch posts), I want something that can hold up more to a scratch.

Default Re: Duane, can you recommend a T&C leather?

Hi!
    Thought I might help by saying the the T&C leathers are specific to the individual piece. If you let us know which particular chair or sofa you are looking at, there are specific leathers that are in the T&C program for that item. Hope this helps

TheGreatUnwashed Guest

Thanks Zebra. I hadn't made up my mind yet. If i read the T&C detail correctly, i could get one of assigned leathers for the grade 1 price, but then pick any of the T&C program leathers on any piece for a grade 2 price.

hglaber Guest

Sorry, but you read that wrong. You can get one (or occasionally two) specific colors in the assigned T&C leather for a particular piece at the T&C price. You can choose any other color of that specified T&C leather for a slightly higher price. Choosing a leather in the T&C program, but on a frame that does not use that as its designated T&C leather, means you would pay whatever grade that leather normally is.

Many of the T&C leathers are Grade 2, but not all, so it if is normally grade 2 that's what you would pay on any piece - it would not be in the T&C program. There are some T&C leathers that aren't Grade 2 though. You can't, for example, take the Weston Cane Burnished (Grade 3) from the McNary and put it on another piece in the T&C program (but in a different leather) for a Grade 2 price. It would be Grade 3/no discount.

TheGreatUnwashed Guest

Thanks hglaber. Are any of the T&C leathers unprotected or protected and not so darn shiny?