Thread: Movies

Default Movies

What movies have you all see lately that you like? I watched 'Burn After Reading' last night and thought it very entertaining (but then, I like all The Coen Bros. movies and their dark humor). Great cast, intense and yet humorous, twisting /turning plot lines.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

soster Guest

I saw Gran Torino on Saturday. I actually had to stop a fight from starting in the row behind us. No, it wasn't young punks; it was forty-something suburbanites who must have been feeling the "Clint"

Really? What were they all cranked up about behind you?

So, did you like Gran Torino Steve?

I saw "Benjamin Button" a few weeks ago at the theatre. It was decent, but I thought it didn't live up the press hype as "one of the best ever". Maybe because it was too long. I felt I was aging right along with Brad Pitt as I was stuck in there over 2 and a half hours.
    Duane Collie

soster Guest

The one wife left her cell phone ringer on. I did hear it ring, but figured it was background from the movie. I didn't even notice the lady talking on the phone. Right after though, the other couple starting going off on her for taking a call. Apparently her son has diabetes and she thought it was the sitter.

So the other couple is really ratcheting up the talk, and that husband is talking about starting a fight with the husband of the cell-phone lady. And they were all being LOUD! So I stood up and turned around and said to all of them "Will you PLEASE excuse yourselves and take this outside the theater." They all shut up after that, thankfully.

The film was very good. Typical Clint, great as usual.

Ahhh...geeez. Imagine some guy worked up enough to want to start a fight over a cell phone call in a movie? That guy had a pretty short fuse. Good for you for stepping in, Steve, and throwing cold water on it all.

I'll have to plug in Gran Torino on my NETFLIX list.
    Duane Collie

life_in_sepia Guest

it's not new, but "Sideways" we bought some time back and i've seen it now, literally, about 20 times. absolutely love it.