Thread: September, Sundance sectionals from Hancock and Moore

Paul1122 Guest

Default September, Sundance sectionals from Hancock and Moore

Hi,

We are interested in one of these sectionals from Hancock and Moore (others, too-Charter was our first option-, but the price quotes we have gotten seem to be above our budget). We can't find these sectionals at our local dealers in Louisiana (we will have to buy online), so I wonder if anybody who owns these sectionals can help us with some impressions about them. For example, Sundance seems to be more affordable than September, but its inside depth is only 19.5'', while September's is listed at 23.5''. I am 5.9 and my wife is 5.3 ft tall, so I am not sure which one will better fit our size.

Also, if anybody purchased sectionals from Hancock and Moore recently at a good price could you please advice on the price and the store from which you made the purchase? I know that prices vary a lot, depending on the leather, but we would like to go probably with an affordable grade 2 leather.

Thank you for your help!

Paul

Damask Guest

Default Re: September, Sundance sectionals from Hancock and Moore

Hi Paul,

It's quite a busy week for everyone interested in H&M as the price increase is around the corner (Monday) and then online sales new policy starts on August 1 (no online seller can offer H&M for less than 35% off MSRP)... You can read about it here:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...iture-AUGUST-1

I believe your questions were addressed before among the forum members... I'd look for the specific posts for you but it's almost 1am here... I would suggest you have a quick look at all the threads re. Sundance and September and I'm sure you'll find the information you're looking for (and much more too):

Sundance:

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

September:

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I'm ordering from Duane and that's who I'd recommend However, if you want to order from The Keeping Room than you have to hurry:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ng-to-catch-up

Hope it helps! Good luck!

BevoGal Guest

Very busy times for H&M right now! I purchased a Sundance Sectional in Weston Sand from the Keeping Room (last November, received it this April). http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ht=weston+sand. By purchasing through Duane, I saved at least $3K compared to my local store in Houston. He is swamped right now, but I would always recommend him as a great resource. I listed measurements of my Sundance in one of Damask's posts - it is not a deep sitting sofa, but very comfortable for us.

campbtl Guest

There is a store, Georgian Furnishing Bergerhome, that has locations in New Orleans and Mandeville, La. They have the Sundance sofa in house--or did last time I was there. It's not the sectional, and the sofa is listed as deeper, but it might give you an idea of how that style 'sits'. They carry a few other peices as well, so you and your wife could figure out what depth/height is going to work for you. If you're in northern Lousiana, this won't help, but if you're within an hour or two, it might be worth the drive. And you know you'll find a good place to eat lunch!

MJM_CA Guest

I have the September sectional in GR1 Columbia Molasses. One of the best purchases I've ever made. The quality is fantastic and the comfort is outstanding. I'm 5'11" and it fits me perfect. I ordered mine from Duane here at the Keeping Room - like BevoGal, Duane was at least $3k cheaper than price quotes from local dealers. Only problem was I did have a bad rub on the arm during delivery and they had to send it back to get fixed...was with only one half the sectional for about a month. That's one of the risks with buying long distance.

Darcie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_CA View Post
    I have the September sectional in GR1 Columbia Molasses. One of the best purchases I've ever made. The quality is fantastic and the comfort is outstanding. I'm 5'11" and it fits me perfect. I ordered mine from Duane here at the Keeping Room - like BevoGal, Duane was at least $3k cheaper than price quotes from local dealers. Only problem was I did have a bad rub on the arm during delivery and they had to send it back to get fixed...was with only one half the sectional for about a month. That's one of the risks with buying long distance.
    Hi MJM_CA! I was wondering if you could post a picture of your Columbia Molasses sectional? We are considering that hide and would LOVE to see some pics!
    Thanks in advance!

BevoGal Guest

Let me add - if you have pets, try to simulate their claws scratching the leather (on the samples you will receive). I had an old, sweet dog who was trained not to get on the sofa (when we received our sofa), and I just assumed I'd train every dog going forward to do the same. Now we have a 9-month-old puppy who is determined to get up on the Sundance and sleep on the top. She has made scratches when I didn't have it covered and now we are using those loud scat mats. I reinforce the training with "OFF!" every time she makes a move to go up there. My other dog would have never wanted to sleep up high like this...and I'm just trying to preserve my beautiful leather! =) Again, mine is Weston Sand. A very soft leather, and conditioner takes out the minor scuffs.