Thread: Journey power sofa

NewOrleans Guest

Default Journey power sofa

I have been shopping for a leather sofa .. and after sitting in the Austin I fell in love with H&M. I am interested in the look of the journey sofa. I only was able to sit in the recliner, but after all the wonderful posts and pics you all shared I think the Journey is it. I like to recline and saw it comes in a power recliner version. Does anyone have it and any pictures of it reclined? Also any feedback on how it is would be great. The store I went to says that the PRB means it has a battery but said it only was in case of a power outage. I want to put it in the middle of the room so i would love not having to have it plugged in so why do they have a battery version? Any help and feedback would be appreciated...

Default Re: Journey power sofa

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ing-2013/page5

It is in post #42 in the Spring Market 2013 photos that Duane took. Hope this helps!

NewOrleans Guest

Thanks. This really helps! Anyone have one and how do they like it? Also still interested in what the battery version is about i think its an extra 500 and wondering if its worth it.

Hi again. I don't own this but have read elsewhere that the battery option provides a rechargeable battery that enables several hundred cycles of recline and then back to upright. Then you recharge. The idea is so that you wouldn't have cords coming out of your furniture. It is not about protecting against a power outage though I suppose it does that. I am still trying to find a link to a post about this issue for you. I believe the Journey power recline sofa is very new so it may be that no forum members own one yet. Cheers!

Here's one link containing info about charging the battery. It is directly about Bradington Young but I believe it applies to H&M
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...swivel-gliders
    Last edited by zebradoc; 07-21-2013 at 06:40 PM.

NewOrleans Guest

I appreciate the help. Duane said in his post from the 2013 pics (a big thanks for finding them for me) that it is 200 cycles per charge and 400 charges per battery - so what happens if you exceed the 400 charges?

So glad to find this forum. Everyone is so helpful and responsive - if, no I mean when I get one , I will certainly share! With H&M quality who can go wrong. I hope Duane chimes in as it seemed that the reviews were split on the journey and the sundance for comfort.

Doing the math., 400x200= 80,000. At 4 cycles per day for an average 80,000/4x365=54.5 years of use. At 12 cycles per day it is 18 years of use. I suspect the answer might be somewhere between 18 and 54 years before the battery gives out.
    Most likely the chair will need replacing by then.

HA! I love stupid salespeople..The store I went to says that the PRB means it has a battery but said it only was in case of a power outage..

The battery is just as mentioned before - so you don't have a cord going across the floor should you decide to 'float' the sofa out in a room. You can buy extra battery packs as well. The battery option is NOT $ 500 over the regular power option at any reasonable store. That's a ridiculous mark-up for that.

One of the major problems I see with the new Journey reclining sofa in a motorized unit (also the Sundance reclining one) is they are too heavy. I tried to lift one end at the showroom, and could not get it off the floor - and I'm a strong guy used to unpacking sofas and loading them into a truck by myself. I expressed a lot of concern about being able to deliver these into homes, two average men can't do it, its a 4 -man delivery (in fact they has 4 men set each one up into the showroom they tell me). This creates a delivery nightmare as no one sends out (4) guys in a delivery truck and coupled with probably 1" clearance on entry doors its a disaster waiting to happen. I have recommended they make these as modular units - but I don't think they paid attention.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

NewOrleans Guest

Duane thanks for the info. As to the "up cost" for the battery what can i come back with? They have come down (now quoting 400) but in New Orleans I only have 2 stores that sell H&M. went to both and each are quoting 7950 for the journey in document chestnut with the battery. Since we cannot have basements, it isn't a worry with the weight and I love the thought of reclining on the sofa to journey into my dreams... It will fit though my 36" door right? They won't have far to go in the house straight shot to the living room - about 20 ft. I really appreciate your help and all the valuable info you provide to us novices to quality leather furniture. You are the best!!

I sent you a PM with my prices so you can compare. Yes, everything in the H&M line will go through a 36" doorway.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.