We bought a Chevy VOLT last week ,had a good but expensive run with my Passat,had to part ways with it finally at 130000 miles,it still had a few thousand miles in it but starting to get worried about the very frequent quirky electrical and some mechanical problems .I like to plan ahead and so started test driving all available mid size and full size sedans back in 2011,finally narrowed down to Honda Accord and lexus ES350,Still not very enthusiastic about shelling out big bucks for a foreign brand car,I am not a US citizen by birth but believe in american exceptionalism,I prefer to buy locally and USA made stuff as much as possible(thats what led me to Hancock and Moore and the Keeping room).Started looking around and stumBled across Chevy Volt,rather I was very oblivious to it all along,It was a pleasant and exhilarating experience test driving this car.We bought the Volt primarily for my dear wife to commute to work,no more than 20 miles round trip daily.Buying process was very pleasant and breezy,have dealt with quite a few pushy and no knowledgeable(just like many furniture salesmen at big box furniture stores)car sales people over past 12 yrs,but tis time was very different.The salesman was very professional,knew inside out about the car he was selling,went out of his way to make the buying process a memorable experience.Its been a week since we took delivery of the car,drove about 200 miles including work and around town,all electric miles,no gas used at all.Still early to proclaim it the best car in the world,which I am sure it is.But reading the views and reviews of fellow VOLT owners I am convinced that GM got it right this time with the VOLT.I just want to end my monologue by reminding all to BUY AMERICAN-a job you save could well be yours.