Thread: Question pending delivery charge for h & m city chair

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Default Question pending delivery charge for h & m city chair

DUANE
    Finally found a retailer 266 miles to travel, but was told delivery would be just under $800.00 for one city chair. I know SUN never charged anything thing near that amount to deliver the sofa. I will probably not complete this order. I am waiting for HANCOCK & MOORE to reverse their regulations!

Default Re: Question pending delivery charge for h & m city chair

Grab a rental van and go get it is my recommendation. 266 miles is 6 hours each way, do-able in a long day.

I do not anticipate H&M relaxing this new policy at all. Sorry.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

As a disable "SENIOR CITIZEN" myself, husband a 100% disabled veteran, both in our seventies, days of grabbing a rental van are long past.
    The chair was to have been for his bedroom . We are at the stage in our life that nothing gets done unless we pay others to do it for us.
    The entire process of looking for a suitable chair for him was done by phone. I am also sorry H&M have found it necessary to cut out my group of customer from buying from them.

Kudos on a senior citizen using the internet. We are in our very late sixties. Most people in our senior condo don't use computers. Curious about your chair. My wife wanted a recliner bit didn't have the leg length or body strength to use one. I didn't want the power. Don't want to deal with problems. Eventually bought a Stickley Morris Chair labeled as a recliner because the back goes down, but no footrest without an ottoman. A good choice. Comfortable, fairly easy to get out of, attractive, but very pricey. Too pricey for a bedroom. It's a showpiece.

Now wait a minute....I'm 60 years old and I'm not even close to being a senior citizen!

Earlier this week when we got all our snow I had at least five people call me or say to me (including my wife) "You know you have to be careful out there shoveling snow - you can have a heart attack from all that exertion and die, BE CAREFUL". I laugh....and say "Where are you guys when I'm at the store on 100 degree days unpacking and lifting sofas into the truck by myself?" That's about 20x more exertion than shoveling snow!

Oh yeah, and I just bought a dirt bike for Spring Riding as my big BMW GS is too slow and heavy in the woods. A KTM 690 I have affectionately dubbed 'The Widowmaker"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KTM.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	6942

I have given up racing go-karts however. Those rigid chassis, no-suspension chassis are too rough on my bones. That's my only concession to turning 60 years old, however...lol
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Being quite a bit older than Duane, I had to give up school library volunteering at the schools my grandchildren attend after five-years of such volunteering. I thought it was time as I can't get back up after putting a book back on the bottom shelf, can't hear the kids when they come to check the books out and can't see the numbers on the book edge to file correctly. Other than than that ...I was a great library volunteer.

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."

Eubie Blake 1887-1983
    Last edited by cuse69; 02-22-2015 at 02:23 PM.