Thread: For you folks in Texas....

Default For you folks in Texas....

....You are shortly going to get one of the world's great cancer surgeons in your state.

Dr. Micheal Choti of Johns Hopkins, and the man that saved my life from cancer, called me today and he's very excited as he's becoming the Chief of Surgery at UT Southwestern - Texas (Dallas) after 21 years at Hopkins. He moves to Dallas in October and will probably rent a place until they can find a house. So if any of you are Realtors in the Dallas area and will take Very Special Care of my friend then I'll be glad to pass along your card, and consider it a personal favor.

And if my cancer returns - I'll be flying to Dallas for treatment. I'm his longest surviving cancer-free patient (7.5 years post-op) for my kind of disease and he's the only one I would have faith in to keep me going. I wish him well and if any of you folks in Texas run into gut-cancer issues, this is the man you want to go see.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: For you folks in Texas....

An update to this thread! I opened my Johns Hopkins Newsletter today and this was the centerpiece of it. I scanned it in and of course - think back to what a dark time that was in my life. Without this man, there would not have been a Keeping Room after 2005 and this Furniture Forum would have never existed. Back in November of 2004, the other oncologists and surgeons said to me "You're terminal, we are so sorry". Then I found Dr. Choti through hours of research on the 'net. and here I am today - still his only patient he's treated for my particular kind of cancer with no recurrence - and every day I marvel at that because its better than hitting the lottery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC 1 001.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	6443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mc 1 002.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	6444
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.