Thread: Flexsteel Latitudes Hermosa Replacement

ISUFan22 Guest

Default Flexsteel Latitudes Hermosa Replacement

Background
    Found this forum while researching on some of the issues we're having with our new Flexsteel. It's new as of January 2012 - we have a full "sectional" from their Latitudes collection - Hermosa is the actual item we have. A large dual reclining sofa (powered), wedge and the reclining/rocking 2-seat loveseat with center console. All items are leather. I think our investment was a little less than $3500-4000 including delivery and the leather warranty.

Issue
    After about 6-8 months the large sofa just became uncomfortable to sit it for longer than 30 minutes. The back support foam just died and we could feel the bar in the back. The foam on the bar had fallen off both sides but even after repair and adding more polly fill the issue was still there.

Resolution
    Homemakers (local furniture store in Des Moines, IA) has, after months of trying other options - offered us a complete "credit" and we can select another item. We do need to purchase from Homemakers.

It's in our basement - completely finished with wood floors and 106" screen w/projector. The area is much deeper than it is wide, couldn't go any bigger than the items we have. Theme in basement is wood floors/trim, wetbar (dark chocolate cabinets) and earth tone walls (deep red/gold). We're ISU Cyclone fans.

Options
    Looking for suggestions. I have read some from Duane on here and would love him to offer some suggestions. We would much prefer reclining furniture again, although we are at least going to be open minded. If it wasn't reclining, would like to have a deep seat. Style, comfort and longevity are our biggest requirements. As noted above, reclining is preferred and we'd like to stick with leather.

The manufactures that Homemakers carries and they offered as suggestions (stated step up from Flexsteel) are Smith Brothers and Justice.

Have not been to the store - but an internet search so far we found one that was intriguing - showing this in fabric as this was a config (with addition of a "small" loveseat) - but likely in leather.

http://www.smithbrothersfurniture.co...eclining+sofas

Would love to hear from Duane or some other experts.
    Last edited by ISUFan22; 11-27-2013 at 04:55 PM.

ISUFan22 Guest

Default Re: Flexsteel Latitudes Hermosa Replacement

Adding photo of our space, not that it's significant - but it may help. Also gives an idea of the style of furniture that fits our taste.

Quick pano shot using my phone.

Last edited by ISUFan22; 11-27-2013 at 06:35 PM.

This is exactly why I won't carry Chinese-made furniture, its very typical of how they perform. Great when new, quick deterioration in components. I have to commend the store on offering you a full credit on return, that's going above and beyond what most store will do, so kudos to them for that. Go for Smith Bros on your replacement pieces, its USA-made and decent quality. Good luck
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ISUFan22 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    This is exactly why I won't carry Chinese-made furniture, its very typical of how they perform. Great when new, quick deterioration in components. I have to commend the store on offering you a full credit on return, that's going above and beyond what most store will do, so kudos to them for that. Go for Smith Bros on your replacement pieces, its USA-made and decent quality. Good luck
    Duane - thanks for responding on Thanksgiving! They are likely taking care of us as I think they may be re-evaluating the Latitude collection. The director didn't say that exactly - but I could read between the lines. And we are long time customers of the store. While we are gracious they are giving us a credit - we do wish we had the option to look at H&M furniture and a few others we're doing a better job of learning about now.

Anyway - below is a complete list of the manufacturers they carry - per their site. Any others we may want to target along with Smith Brothers? I know some are not good such as La-Z-Boy, etc.

A.R.T. Furniture
    Ashley
    Bernhardt
    Broyhill
    Catnapper
    Cheers
    Corinthian Inc.
    Craftmaster
    Delta Furniture Mfg.
    Diamond Sofa
    England
    Flexsteel