Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling vs. Posting

Rafree1 Guest

Default Re: Calling vs. Posting

Oh, my! I read this forum for nearly three months before I joined up and really the reason is that I couldn't find any other site that had such good info, and the second reason was that I believe we're buying from Duane. I am not fond of the people who run the only high end store here. Yes, I believe in supporting local stores but, these people have been here for so long they no longer care about getting "new" customers and are only helpful if you are part of the "old guard" around here. That means if you are not a third generation Kingstonian, then well you are persona non grata. PLUS they do some triple mark ups that I don't feel are fair or necessary. Therefore, this time I'm going with someone else.

I agree though people really shouldn't call and bug the bananas out of someone if they do not intend to do business with you, Duane...wow!

Judyg951 Guest

I can't believe the gall of some people. I sent Duane a few emails several months ago, but then had to put things on hold. When I am closer to knowing what I want and am at the point of selecting leathers then I will probably call, but until then this forum and pm's work just fine for me.

Fizix Guest

I am amazed at the amount of time you have donated to this forum. I know I have learned a great deal from the resources provided here. The great thing about the forum is everyone can learn from a single reply.

Ahhhh! And therein lies the secret! On public Q & A's then it helps build the informational database (which is searchable) vs PM's which are strictly one to one. I will not answer PM's that ask me to 'explain all the leather differences and types' or similar questions as the answers are already here on the forum if folks would take the time to look for them.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

And the calls keep coming in asking me for opinions on brands I do not carry - or folks buying local to them asking me to help them finalize their selections or determine how to negotiate a price with their local dealer. Or Craigslist buys.

While the forum is FREE - my phone time is not.

THEREFORE :: effective immediately I am beginning 'Duane's Phone Consulting Business', and when you call to ask me these questions I will ask you for a credit card at the beginning of the phone call. Rate is $ 30 per 15 minutes and I will first authorize your card, then start the clock. Time blocks will be sold in 15 minute increments only.

OK! Now that we have that settled once and for all, I'll be waiting for your calls ....
    Duane Collie

hglaber Guest

Please, oh please record some of the calls "for quality assurance" so we can hear them. If the response is anything like the ones people who "work with computers" get when asked if they can build, install, configure, and load with (pirated) software a computer for someone they barely if at all know, and they say "Sure! I'll give you the Friends and Family discount of 50% off my normal rate of $150/hr plus materials!" they will be mighty amusing.

ISUFan22 Guest

Duane - suggestion....

By default in the forum the signatures do not show up. I had to go into settings and turn this on.

May help you a little if that showed up by default.

A little because by default - humans suck and their self importance leads them to believe the rules don't apply to them.

"Signatures" are disabled on purpose, too many issues with spammers and self-promoters using them. We will leave them turned off by default.
    Duane Collie