Thread: My dream sectional, please help

femmefatale Guest

Default My dream sectional, please help

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this forum and I need some help since I'm pretty new to shopping for furniture. I found my dream sectional which is manufactured by Tosh Furniture and for some reason I cannot find ANY store in the North East that carries it I was wondering if you guys had any experience with Tosh and if this is a good deal. The prices that I've seen online for it is $1700 from toshfurniture.com and I'm trying to see if I an get it for a less somehow, like haggling the online store, lol.

I called the online store for more information, apparently they sell it in 3 types, full bonded leather, top grain leather on seating and back cushions but sides and back bonded, and full grain leather, which is $1000 more. I was thinking about going with the Top Grain with bonded sides since I'm single with no children and live alone, and I'll probably be keeping this for 5 years max (once I get married and have babies I'll probably switch over). What are your thoughts on this? Please help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dreamcouch.JPG 
Views:	316 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	5732

Default Re: My dream sectional, please help

Well, the reason you probably can't find that anywhere is it most likely doesn't exist as a brand per se. Its probably of the thousands of Chinese-made sectionals that are put out by the hundreds in a container and go to a distributor in L.A. where a dealer or on-line person buys them and calls them anything they want. Your guy is calling them "Tosh" and though I haven't researched it, I'll wager $ 100 they exist in no stores anywhere in the land under that name.

I'm sorry, but generally $ 1,700 for a piece like that is going to buy you a sub-standard piece. A quality sectional like that will be double that price, or even triple.

Bonded leather is plastic. Avoid it, its more like vinyl and is about as related to real leather as a Big Mac is to a Morton's New York Strip Steak.

I'm never a fan of cheap, though I understand budget constraints when you are young. Cheap means early failure, but you'll still use it even though you hate it because of money invested. Since you are single, you would be far better off in my opinion to skip the sectional and invest $ 2K into a decent average sized sofa that will last and be comfortable for years. Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.