So I've searched around a bit on the threads (which have been a fantastic resource) but I figured the best way to get some advice was to just start a thread......

So we're looking to get new furniture for our family room. We need more sitting room as we are a family of five. Our kids are 5, 3, and 2. We also have a golden retriever that enjoys sleeping on the sofa (for now....). We have decided that a leather sectional is what we would like to purchase. My biggest concern is spending a significant amount of money on something that may not hold up well to our family's......um......energy. In your opinion, is it worth spending more on a higher quality sectional, thinking that it will hold up better for a longer period of time? Or, is it pretty much a given that its going to get beat up, no matter what the construction or leather quality?

Honestly, we don't really have a "budget". I'm more of a "value" shopper and will spend more if I decide that I'm going to get more value in the long run.

So any advice would be appreciated......brands, specific things to look for, etc. Thanks in advance.

Brett