The Federal Government Shutdown is absolutely ridiculous and is the buzz of all Washington DC radio & TV today. I note on that on NBC news last night they say Congress has only a 10 % approval rating nationally right now.....and that's probably just 'Friends and Family' making up that small margin. Not only will this hurt all families employed by the Federal Government, but it will trickle down (actually more of a flood) to small businesses like mine as well. No one is going to buy a new sofa - or take the family out to dinner - if their paycheck is interrupted. It will be hunker-down mode on spending and that's not good for any of us.

The talk is all "Whom is to Blame?" Republicans or Democrats? The House, the Senate or The White House? I know who is to blame....its the Voters. We, The People, have elected as our Representatives a large group of tough-talking, highly principled, preaching-the-moral-high-ground people who refuse to bend or compromise. Now we are getting exactly what we voted for. Republican or Democrat it really doesn't matter as we have installed a bunch of hard heads and they not moving the country forward. Tough talk rhetoric sounds great on the political stump, but it doesn't seem to be working very well in actuality.

Politics is the art of compromise. We have managed to elect people that don't compromise. Think about that next time you're at the polls and vote accordingly.