Thread: Palliser versus Flexsteel

SAINTSFAN Guest

Default Palliser versus Flexsteel

We are considering two different sofa/loveseat sets (reclining) - Palliser Luca and the Flexsteel Belmont. Does anyone have experience with either or both or can shed some light to help us decide? I am concerned about the Flexsteel being in the Latitude line. I think Palliser is Canada/Mexico if I understand. Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2cheese Guest

Default Re: Palliser versus Flexsteel

We have a flexsteel latidute sofa. Biggest mistake ever! We bought it for occasional use in our den and it is awful! Seams came apart within months and the material shed.

I put a deposit down on a Palliser sectional last year. Stupid me did research after the fact and found out their customer service is lacking. I backed out of the sale immediately.

Im still researching for that perfect sofa.

SAINTSFAN Guest

We are leaning towards the Palliser just because of everything I read about the Latitudes being made in China.

The perfect sofa is a Hancock and Moore. The only issue may the price....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

SAINTSFAN Guest

Yeah, H&M is just way out of the price range. Of course everyone would want one, but price is certainly a factor.

SAINTSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2cheese View Post
    We have a flexsteel latidute sofa. Biggest mistake ever! We bought it for occasional use in our den and it is awful! Seams came apart within months and the material shed.

I put a deposit down on a Palliser sectional last year. Stupid me did research after the fact and found out their customer service is lacking. I backed out of the sale immediately.

Im still researching for that perfect sofa.
    Was your only concern with Palliser the reviews about its customer service (or did you have other concerns you can share)? Thanks

2cheese Guest

I read some pretty terrible reviews about Palliser online. I also looked them up on BBB and they have an F rating. I recently went into a local furniture store here and was talking to the owner. She said she use to sell Palliser but they are terrible to deal with. She was stuck too many times replacing their furniture.

SAINTSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2cheese View Post
    I read some pretty terrible reviews about Palliser online. I also looked them up on BBB and they have an F rating. I recently went into a local furniture store here and was talking to the owner. She said she use to sell Palliser but they are terrible to deal with. She was stuck too many times replacing their furniture.
    Yeah, I read the BBB, but Flexsteel is worse as far as number and types of complaints (only not registered so, no grade). It appears that it is tough to get quality furniture and good customer services without mortgaging the farm.

On thing you can always do - since you know whom the premium makers are - is shop pre-owned. You can get some very nice pieces that way for a fraction of their new price and they have years left in them.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

SAINTSFAN Guest

Never been a fan of buying someone else's furniture. Just a personal feeling I guess, but I consider things like bedroom or living room furniture to be of more of a personal nature.
    Last edited by SAINTSFAN; 02-06-2014 at 12:29 PM.