Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change in white glove shippers, effective today

Default Re: Change in white glove shippers, effective today

I believe you ordered from another store as I stopped using Sun back in October, yes? I always inform my customers what method of payment is accepted by the delivery companies as well. That is correct you must clear a travel path for them in your home with adequate clearances, and if you have snow on the ground, be sure to clear it off the drive and walk with some calcium chloride or similar. When you are lifting sofas, you can't see your footing - keeping the pathway clear of ice and snow assures the safety of the delivery team AND your lessens the chance your new furniture might be dropped. Sun does a very good job in 95% of all deliveries, I'm sure yours will go smoothly, don't worry.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks Duane, I had sent you a PM at the time, but don't know if you actually had a chance to see it. We had been looking to replace our 20-some year old Wesley Hall Sofa for about a year and a half, which got me started into trying to learn about leather and about manufacturers. Over that time it became clear that H&M was the brand I wanted and I started learning the attributes of their specific product offerings. In September we found a Royal High Leg Recliner for an excellent price as the dealer had purchased six chairs at Market. At that point, my wife began telling me that with three leather chairs in our living room and only two fabric pieces that the new Sofa should be fabric. We spent several months looking for the right Sofa and with the right Fabric and became too busy to continue the search. During much of our search, H&M had the "Relationship Policy" in-place, and you were following it loyally. Several weeks ago we were visiting Williamsburg VA and my wife said she wanted to stop at a furniture store there to take a look at Sofas. She was clearly avoiding the leather ones, and focusing on Fabric when she saw the Red Sundance, sat down and absolutely loved it. Having looked at many H&M pieces myself I could see that the price was not at all bad and this specific Sofa had the Down Core Cushions which I wanted. We wrote up the Sofa and I sent you a PM to see what you thought of the deal.

Vegas Guest

Does the Sundance feel like a deep seat? A sofa to lay around in or curl up with a book? What do you think of the back cushions?

I tried to upload a few photos of the Sundance being delivered but apparently my photos are too large. In any event the Sun Delivery was originally scheduled for Saturday but one of the Delivery folks was injured in an earlier delivery so I was rescheduled for Monday. The driver phoned about 30 min. or less to say he would be here shortly and as he arrived, he said he had to wait for delivery help that would be here shortly. About 30 min. latter, two men arrived to assist. It took them about 5 min. to actually unload the Sofa and place it in our living room. The Sofa was totally wrapped in Moving Blankets and also had the original plastic cover provided by the mfg. The experience was flawless and I am very pleased with the outcome. We purchased the Sofa toward the end of the last week in January and it is in our home on February 24th. My wife selected the Sofa in Williamsburg, VA and we live in Dayton, Ohio. All in all it is hard to think of any issues other than the 18-months it took for us to select a Sofa. The Deliver fee for a 225 lb. Sofa was $260 I decided to tip the Sun Driver and let him decide how to divide it up among the helpers. I will try and reduce the size of my photos and see if I can't upload them soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3842 copy.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	6037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3840 copy.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	6038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3839 copy.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	6039
    Here are some photos of the Delivery of the H&M Sundance Sofa...

Vegas, The Sundance was the most comfortable that we found, although certainly there are other leathers that would be even more luxurious and soft. This Sofa sits a little higher than most of our other pieces of furniture in our living room and the back is also a little higher than everything other than our high-back chairs. The back cushions are very thick as are the seat cushions. With so many Sofa models we felt we needed to see whatever we would ultimately purchase in person and try it out prior to deciding. It is like a mattress in that different folks like different levels of firmness or softness, some like pillow-tops on a firm base. What I can say is that my wife was convinced that only a fabric sofa would be comfortable enough for her until she sat in the Sundance at a furniture store. She was walking around the store telling the proprietor that she was only interested in fabric and then she walked past this sofa, sat down and immediately starting talking about if this would match our rugs.
    Last edited by wisejd; 02-24-2014 at 07:55 PM.

vbnet Guest

omg, I LOVE it!

Vegas Guest

Yes, the Sundance is gorgeous. Thank you for the information. Can't believe it but we do not have H&M dealer in Las Vegas. We can drive to CA but most pickings are slim, not enough stock on hand in most stores. What is the leather and color? I had the same problem with my photos until Duane cleared up the problem with the resolution.