Thread: Jessica Charles

Default Jessica Charles

I became a dealer for Jessica Charles today (a sister company to Hancock and Moore), and have ordered in floor stock for the line. These pieces are built in a separate facility thats about 90 minutes from H&M. Primarily a chair company, Jack Glasheen (co-owner of H&M together with Jimmy Moore) liked this little chair company so much that he bought the company when the original owner decided to retire.

One thing I like about this line is we can use any Hancock and Moore fabric and leather on the pieces. It effectively adds a couple more hundred frames to the H&M line. In fact, on one piece I ordered today for stock I spec'd a H&M leather to go on it.

They are known for their extensive line of swivel chairs, and also offer a number of chaise loungers and dining room chairs.

Navigating around their web site is a breeze if you know the H&M site, its laid out exactly the same.

http://www.jessicacharles.com/aboutus.asp
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Your post about why they were brought into H&M reminded me of those old electric shaver commercials where the guy say's i liked it so much i bought the company.

Anyways congratulations on your new line of furniture, looks like a winner. Is flexsteel now gone from your store as a brand?

Exactly! Jack really liked that company and asked to buy it several times. The owner resisted until he retired, then they renamed it and its where it is today. There is no "Jessica Charles", that's a made-up name to signify the both the broadness of the line, with both feminine and masculine styles.

Flexsteel? I'll keep the line in limbo but no longer buy new floor models once the existing stock is out the door. I have such a small store that floor space is at a premium and I do like the higher quality pieces to display.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Exactly! Jack really liked that company and asked to buy it several times. The owner resisted until he retired, then they renamed it and its where it is today. There is no "Jessica Charles", that's a made-up name to signify the both the broadness of the line, with both feminine and masculine styles.

Flexsteel? I'll keep the line in limbo but no longer buy new floor models once the existing stock is out the door. I have such a small store that floor space is at a premium and I do like the higher quality pieces to display.
    Sounds good any other changes in the works?

I'm looking at probably adding Councill Craftsman as a line in the near future.

http://www.councill.com/
    Duane Collie

First piece of my Jessica Charles floor stock arrived today (I'll put a photo in the RESOURCES section if you'd like to see it). I'm very pleased. Solid as a rock, heavy frame that has no flex, perfectly tailored, and it sits very well. It came out better than I thought it would, in fact it looks exactly like Hancock and Moore (their parent company). If the remaining pieces come in as nicely made and sturdy as this one, then the line is going to be a winner.

This particular chair that came in today is the 610 Alexander and I had it made in a Grade 60 Fabric. Prices out at $ 1,109.
    Duane Collie